Announcement

#16 2013-05-01 08:41:39

robertmohr
1970-01-01

Re: Moving Piwigo to a new URL

I went to my location where piwigo was installed and I changed the directory name to another name.
If I enter the old address I get an error page. OLD - www.robertmohr.com/portfolio
If I enter the new directory name, it goes to the correct site. NEW - www.robertmohr.com/images
If I hover my mouse over the "Home" menu item, it shows that it will connect to the old location.
If I hover my mouse over any of the menu or photo options, it shows that it will connect to the right directory.

It seems on the HOME page link is the issue that has not resolved itself.
I went through all the site maintenance options and nothing worked.
I deactivated all the plugins.

See attached image with screen capture.

#17 2013-05-01 12:18:16

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Do you have a local config you might have forgotten to update?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#18 2013-05-01 19:19:29

robertmohr
1970-01-01

I'm not sure what a local config would do to a "web" link.

I tested the changed URL on a new blank site.
I did a fresh install of the current piwigo. I then changed the name of the folder where it was installed from within FTP. I checked all the hover over areas and all displayed the proper new location.
My original install that I was trying to update with a new "folder name" is having the mouse hover over issues. This folder has my original site that has been continuously updated. I'm sure there are some trace code issues left behind that is holding onto the "old" folder name.

I'm going to leave that site up in case you all want to do some testing on it. Let me know.

#19 2013-05-01 20:41:43

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

robertmohr wrote:

I'm not sure what a local config would do to a "web" link.

because you can set the internal gallery url : so if you did it, that's normal Piwigo uses the old folder name

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#20 2013-05-01 21:28:05

robertmohr
1970-01-01

Where is this internal config?

Check the hover over of these two sites.

www.robertmohr.com/license    -  notice the defective HOME link  -  this is my original site with all the upgrades  -  All I did was rename the folder

www.robertmohr.com/stock-images    -   I renamed this folder without any issues in the HOME link  -   This is the fresh install, and then I renamed the folder with no issues.

#21 2014-02-06 22:40:36

David

If you find it, I would like to know where it is. As a core developer (and founder) of Piwigo, I know there is no such path saved in Piwigo (and at least once a week, I move a gallery from a place to another and I never need to update any stored path).

Hello plg,

I am also having difficulty with the same issue. It's not necessarily the location of the 'gallery', however the location of the install path. For example when performing the 'netinstall' option, I uploaded the php installer to the docroot (public_html). When attempting to install in the same/current path, it error'ed out. However if I left the default install location (public_html/piwigo) the install completed successfully.

Then once the successful install was in place, I attempted moving the entire structure:
--
mv public_html/piwigo/* ..
--

However, the same error as referenced in this thread was given. I looked for a configuration file that declares the install location but can not find it.

Please advise.

#22 2014-02-06 22:50:52

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

please open anew thread
we can't even know what error you're talking since many people reported different things

#23 2014-02-25 12:30:00

Acio

Hi,

I had the same problem. I had to go into the Administrator section, and go to templates and deactivate all the templates, and reactivate them. The link to smarty in the templates (atleast the standard one) was  hardcoded upon generation (activation) of the theme.

THis needs to be fixed so that the theme(s) link to the location via relative path.

I hope this helps.

regards,
Acio

#24 2014-02-25 13:18:26

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

You mean you have custom templates?

#25 2014-02-25 15:51:44

msakik
Translation Team
São Paulo, Brazil
2013-09-06

Hi, I have a similar issue and seems to be related to smarty template cache. Another problem is that once moved there´s no way to go to admin page to delete the cache.

#26 2014-02-26 18:15:28

Acio

Hi Flop25,

no I only have the standard templates enabled.

Apparently when a template is activated, it creates a temporary directory in the piwigo _data directory that hardlinks the file location, which is why you get the smarty error.

the fix was to deactivate, and activate all templates so these temporary directories are recreated.

regards,
Acio

#27 2014-02-26 18:17:40

Acio

Hi Msakik,

you can manually go to the admin pages, go to MYPIWIGOURL/admin.php. THis should show your admin pages, or you have to login :)

that worked for me, since I was still logged in once I moved the folder.

regards,
Acio

#28 2014-02-26 18:19:10

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

So you mean you've disabled the themes?
That might be the new Smarty 3

#29 2014-02-28 09:36:14

knjigor

Actually Piwigo stores information about gallery root URL, /local/config/confil.local.php. Ihade same problem with migration to new domain and server. Solved by changing to correct url.

#30 2014-02-28 09:52:59

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

knjigor wrote:

Actually Piwigo stores information about gallery root URL, /local/config/confil.local.php. Ihade same problem with migration to new domain and server. Solved by changing to correct url.

nope, you stored that specific information and not needed one.

I've just had the issue, and it's due to Smarty3 which has a more persistent cache. In such case, just delete all PHP files in _data\templates_c or if you can directly access to /admin.php tou can empty the template cache for the maintenancy

Board footer