Announcement

#1 2012-04-19 23:26:26

npiazza
2012-04-19

pLoader massive upload: timeout after a while

Hi all,

I'm using pLoader to upload my pictures on my own piwigo instance.
When working with just few pictures, or size of them is little, it works without any issue and I'm happy with the system.

But sometimes I discover an old cdrom with several pictures to upload and I start uploading.... It could take even all the night, but after some hours the session goes in timeout and I simply need to reauthenticate to restart the process.

Do you know which parameter should I change to permit longer ploader sessions ?
It could be useful to have home computer working while I'm at work....

Piwigo is 2.3.2, plan to upgrade soon at latest one.

Thank you for your help, very appreciated.

#2 2012-04-19 23:33:32

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: pLoader massive upload: timeout after a while

Hi npiazza,

You say "after a few hours", have you already done an upload session that lasted several hours and no disconnection occured?

#3 2012-04-20 17:05:21

npiazza
2012-04-19

Re: pLoader massive upload: timeout after a while

Hi plg,

thank you for your answer.

I've done some extra tests and I've verified that using one single ploader instance I' don't have timeout issues.

But you've to close it and restart when upload completes or you'll get the error related shown in Capture.PNG. It looks to be a reproducible problem.

Sometimes, since pLoader permit you to choose one single destination category for all pictures, I'm using a couple of instances running concurrently.
In this case it is quite common getting the error shown in Capture2.PNG.

Anyway... both errors aren't directly related with timeout as I initially thinked because they get solved by restarting pLoader frm beginning.

Thank you for getting me to the right perspective

Board footer