mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

[Piwigo Translation Tool] New feature: TALKS

Hi everyone

I added a feature asked by Kaare, Dansk Translator
[Forum, post 135495 by Kaare in topic 16925] [da_DK] Dansk - Danish

on each language main page (es: http://piwigo.org/translate/language.php?language=da_DK) a new "Talk" link appears.

click on it and you'll be directed to a wiki-like page with a WYSIWYG editor
this can be used by translators to give some wordlist, hints or any other stuff they think usefull

with the editor you can create tables, list, titles, paragraphs, insert images etc.
if you know HTML you can also use the plain editor by clicking on the "source" button

I draw your attention to the "Insert username and date" link, usefull to sign your modifications (like what is used on Talk pages of Wikipedia)

WARNING: although it's designed to be a wiki-like there is absolutely no backup system, so if you erase the whole content of thepage it will be LOST FOREVER !! so be carefull :-)

note 1: there is the same thing for projects, can be used to help translators understanding some strings

note 2: this a very early version, I'll add some securities later, and perhaps a sandbox to test the editor

#2 2012-09-24 19:29:34

Kaare
Translation Team
Odense, Denmark
2012-09-17

Re: [Piwigo Translation Tool] New feature: TALKS

mistic100 wrote:

Hi everyone

I added a feature asked by Kaare, Dansk Translator
[Forum, post 135495 by Kaare in topic 16925] [da_DK] Dansk - Danish

on each language main page (es: http://piwigo.org/translate/language.php?language=da_DK) a new "Talk" link appears.

Great, thank you!  I just created a page with my collected wisdom. :-)

Regards, Kaare

•  » Translations
  •  » [Piwigo Translation Tool] New feature: TALKS

Board footer