Announcement

#1 2014-01-06 20:28:03

Pelagis
Estonia
2014-01-06

album visible & download restricted

Hello everybody. I just started exploring Piwigo, it is a fantastic tool, congratulations to developers. I have some questions though and will ask them in a row.

As a photographer, I wish to make my images visible to everybody, but to restrict downloading of high resolution pictures only to selected clients. I learned how to do it globally within Piwigo. But...

The Question: Is it possible to allow (or restrict) downloading of HighRes pictures to selected users for selected albums only? To explain: Album_A is visible to everybody, but only User_A can download high resolution pictures. And vice versa, a User_A can download HighRes pictures from Album_A, but can not download from Album_B.

Thanks
Toomas

#2 2014-01-06 23:05:55

Pelagis
Estonia
2014-01-06

Re: album visible & download restricted

I have found out that the above is somehow possible within the private albums. You can forbid or allow the access of a group to specific albums. But the problem remains with public albums. Any user who has "high definition" switched on, can download high resolution images from ANY public album. This is not a good design IMHO. I suppose that the default setting should not allow downloading the the high resolution images.

Toomas

Board footer