Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » piwigo-videojs - Crash on selecting edit tab for video

#1 2014-02-08 01:02:24

Redbeard
2014-02-08

piwigo-videojs - Crash on selecting edit tab for video

Hello,

I'm pretty new to piwigo, but I've made most of it work as needed so far.  I ran into a problem with the videojs plugin though, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

I added a video to my gallry, using the syncro method. One of the videos was shot with an iPhone, and is displaying sideways.  I have clicked the option to use ZoomRotate metadata, but it was still sideways, so I decided to see if I could add that information editing the video entry.

I selected the video in question, from the Photos menu in the administration panel.  The Properties tab seems to work correctly, but doesn't give a rotation option, so I thought I'd click over to the VideoJS tab that appears to the right of the Property tab.

And then boom!  I get the following  (some directory names redacted with ...):

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /.../tanzania2014/piwigo/plugins/piwigo-videojs/include/mediainfo.php:32
Stack trace: #0 /.../tanzania2014/piwigo/plugins/piwigo-videojs/include/mediainfo.php(32): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('')
#1 /.../tanzania2014/piwigo/plugins/piwigo-videojs/admin/admin_photo.php(71): include_once('/.../...') #2 /.../tanzania2014/piwigo/admin/plugin.php(56): include_once('/.../...')
#3 /.../tanzania2014/piwigo/admin.php(289): include('.../...')
#4 {main} thrown in /.../tanzania2014/piwigo/plugins/piwigo-videojs/include/mediainfo.php on line 32

Not sure what caused this, or what to do to fix it, so I guess this is just a report.

#2 2014-02-09 17:34:57

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

Re: piwigo-videojs - Crash on selecting edit tab for video

Hello,

The photo-edit and the sync page are almost identical.
Do you the same issue when you do run a sync from the VideoJS plugin?

The error 'String could not be parsed as XML' mean that mediainfo did no create a proper XML.
Multiple choose:
1- You don't have mediainfo  install
2- The video format is incorrect or invalid.
3- There is a bug VideoJS plugin

Would you be able to provide the video sample.

Regarding the ZoomRotate feature, using the photo-edit page you should see a parameter call "rotation: 1"
As a sample, https://github.com/xbgmsharp/piwigo-vid … photo-edit

However obviously according to you first error you can't validate.
If you run a manual sync, you should get the same error and also the rotation output.

No worries we will fix this issue.

Last edited by xbgmsharp (2014-02-09 17:35:58)

#3 2014-02-11 18:13:23

Redbeard
2014-02-08

Re: piwigo-videojs - Crash on selecting edit tab for video

It must have been related to the MediaInfo library.  I've just installed that, and the crash is gone, so that's a plus.

If you're interested in figuring out why it crashes in the absence of that library, the file I was looking at can be found at http://kallend.net/tanzania2014/piwigo/ … G_0794.MP4

It's actually a .mov from an iphone, but the notes for this plugin said that renaming .mov to .mp4 would work (and it seems to).

•  » Extensions
  •  » piwigo-videojs - Crash on selecting edit tab for video

Board footer