Announcement

•  » Engine
  •  » debian pakcage for piwigo 2.7.0

#1 2014-10-11 12:17:40

pithoc
2014-10-11

debian pakcage for piwigo 2.7.0

Hello,

I used to run Gallery Menalto for my personal photo gallery . But as you may know this other gallery software is going in hibernation. So I am part of the crowd who is looking for new personal photo gallery software, and I have found Piwigo.

I have created a Debian package at http://thocar.org/debian/piwigo_2.7.0-1_all.deb

My gpg public key is at http://thocar.org/piwigoThocarOrgPublic.key

The package contains a script piwigo-instance-manager, to ease creation and deletion of gallery instances, so that you can experiment on test gallery wihout screwing up your main gallery.

The other main goal of the package is to fit with standard Linux file system hiearchy (type "man hier" to learn about this standard)

If you want to try this package and if you find problem with it tell me

Piwigo version: 2.7.0

#2 2014-10-11 15:57:50

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

Re: debian pakcage for piwigo 2.7.0

Hi pithoc,

your work is intersting but I'm not sure the installation fit FSH nor webapp policy. For example, you put all piwigo archive under /usr/share. /usr/share can be readonly and you must move plugins, themes, upload and all theses stuff under /var/lib

#3 2014-10-11 21:34:37

pithoc
2014-10-11

Re: debian pakcage for piwigo 2.7.0

Yes your are right, /usr/share/piwigo is meant to contain read-only files and dirs

When you launch "piwigo-instance-manager create g1", it creates the writeable directories in /var/piwigo/g1 (_data, upload, plugins, ...) and symlinks to /usr/share/piwigo for read-only files and dirs (using stow)

So for piwigo g1 instance, PHPWG_ROOT_PATH is /var/piwigo/g1

Because I don't know piwigo very well, (I am not able to test quickly if there is broken feature in my package), there maybe some directory that should exist as real directory in /var/piwigo/g1 instead of symlink (like I did for plugins directory).

In fact the only knowledge in the package is to be able to split in 4 parts all files of piwigo

1) read-only files and directory (like the include directory)

2) directory writeable with mix of read-only directories (like the plugins dir that contains already a few plugins in the tarball) and writable directories (from the admin console we download plugin as writeable directory in the plugins directory)
2.1) writeable directory for data (to put in /var/piwigo/g1)
2.2) writeable directory for configuration (to put in /etc/piwigo/g1)

3) directory writeable with only writeable files and dirs (like the _data directory)

To remove completely the package and their data from your debian,

you lists the instances created with piwigo-instance-manager

Code:

piwigo-instance-manager list

you delete them with

Code:

piwigo-instance-manager delete g1

you remove the piwigo package

Code:

dpkg -r piwigo

Note that no file from piwigo in the package has been modified. Can you tell me where I can read about webapp policy? I should change /var/piwigo into /var/lib/piwigo (to better match FHS policy)

Because I am currently testing my setup, I do small improvements in the package, if you re download it, the md5 may have changed.

•  » Engine
  •  » debian pakcage for piwigo 2.7.0

Board footer