Announcement

#1 2015-08-05 09:49:01

drbubbles+piwigo

uploading nested folders using piwigo_import_tree.pl

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

Using piwigo_import_tree.pl I am able to create the albums with the names of folders one level below that specified in  --directory, but none of the sub-folders below that (or their photos) get uploaded.

Is anyone else having this problem, or is there a different preferred method for uploading multiple nested folders of photos?

I have written a small script to re-install everything from scratch without having to interact with the computer (apart from hitting enter the first time), including mysql, piwigo, php, apache the raw patch, so I can just set the mysql and admin credentials in the new piwigo install page then  try piwigo_import_tree.pl again in case a new version of one of the required applications has been modified in a way that allows it to work again. So far no joy :o(  and I have too many nested directories to do them all manually.

Thanks,
Andrew

Ubuntu 15.04,
Piwigo version: 2.7.4
PHP version: 5.6.4
MySQL version: 5.6.25
Piwigo URL: http://atoll.mooo.com

#2 2015-09-04 08:38:54

drbubbles
2015-07-02

Re: uploading nested folders using piwigo_import_tree.pl

The answer was so simple in the end!

1) Make a symbolic link to the folder containing the photos in the "galleries" folder (under the Piwigo root folder).

2) "synchronize" Piwigo folder+photos in the admin "tools" menu.

Everything then appears in Piwigo, sub-folders mapped to sub-albums, very quickly for 20k photos and videos! (I use the videojs plugin for movies). 

Now I just need to import ~10k raw (.cr2) files using the raw patch,  then run the physical to virtual plugin. After that I should be able to add new photos normally from then on!
Great!

Board footer