Announcement

#1 2017-05-06 00:14:37

Rotten Ronnie
2017-05-05

Mysql - database connect error - how to change database password?

Hi.

My host recently upgraded from PHP 5.3 and an older version of MySQL that caused the older 12 bit passwords for the database connections to be rejected by all the web sites that accessed a mysql database in my /public_html/ dir such as MediaWiki.

I was able to update the MySQL pwds for MediaWiki to 16bit, and then modify the appropriate .php files so it could then access the db.

With Piwigo I was unable to google how to "update mysql password" for an existing installation. Hopefully you will be able to tell me the steps I need to take in order to solve this issue.

<code>
Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [mysql_old_password] in /home/reddirtr/public_html/rottenronnie.ca/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 67

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/2054): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client in /home/reddirtr/public_html/rottenronnie.ca/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 67

Warning: my_error(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/reddirtr/public_html/rottenronnie.ca/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 837

Warning: my_error(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/reddirtr/public_html/rottenronnie.ca/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 837
Piwigo encountered an irrecoverable error

[mysql error ]
Cannot connect to server

#1    my_error /home/reddirtr/public_html/rottenronnie.ca/piwigo/admin/include/functions_upgrade.php(319)
#2    upgrade_db_connect /home/reddirtr/public_html/rottenronnie.ca/piwigo/upgrade.php(222)
</code>

Thanks!

Piwigo version: 2.9.0
PHP version: 5.6.30
MySQL version: 5.5.54-cll
Piwigo URL: http://gallery.rottenronnie.ca

#2 2017-05-11 03:39:28

Rotten Ronnie
2017-05-05

Re: Mysql - database connect error - how to change database password?

piwigo/local/config/database.inc.php is the file you want to modify...

Locate the line "$conf['db_password'] = 'password1234';"
Change the password between the ' marks, save, and then reload your browser page.

I'm still amazed that my google foo wasn't up to this. I did it the old fashioned way with an ftp client and spare time.

File contents appear below:
<?php
$conf['dblayer'] = 'mysqli';
$conf['db_base'] = 'DB_NAME_GOES_HERE';
$conf['db_user'] = 'DB_NAME_GOES_HERE';
$conf['db_password'] = 'password1234';
$conf['db_host'] = 'localhost';

$prefixeTable = 'piwii1_';

define('PHPWG_INSTALLED', true);
define('PWG_CHARSET', 'utf-8');
define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
define('DB_COLLATE', '');