Announcement

#1 2019-02-13 03:51:12

tooleyweeds
Member
2019-01-26
6

Need advice on removing # characters in Gallery3 migration

Hi,

From the Piwigo forum, I have learned how to handle a few special characters in my Gallery3 migration.  However, the # character is still a problem for me in about 20 records of my Gallery3 database.

In my Gallery3 database, I have # characters in the name and title fields, %23 is substituted for the # characters in the relative_path_cache field, and - is substituted for the # characters in the relative_url_cache field.

My question is this:  Which of those four Gallery3 database fields do I need to modify to ensure that the syncronisation step and the rest of the Menalto2Piwigo migration run correctly?

I assume that I need to get the # characters out of the name field.  What about the title field?

Do I need to make any changes to the relative_path_cache and relative_path_cache fields, or will changing the content of those fields break links that are necessary for the migration to run properly?

Thank you for reading my post and for any advice that you can offer.

Piwigo 2.9.4
PHP: 5.4.45 (Show info) [2019-02-12 20:46:20]
MySQL: 5.6.41-84.1 [2019-02-12 20:46:20]
Piwigo URL: http://jeffersoncityjays1967.com/photos

Offline

 

#2 2019-02-18 17:40:27

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06
6949

Re: Need advice on removing # characters in Gallery3 migration

Hello
you should search on the web with "MySQL Search and Replace Query "


To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Offline

 

#3 2019-02-19 23:45:19

tooleyweeds
Member
2019-01-26
6

Re: Need advice on removing # characters in Gallery3 migration

Thank you for your suggestion, flop25.

I think I may not have expressed my problem clearly.  I am familiar with the mechanics of changing the contents of the database.

I wanted to know whether the # character had to be removed from all fields in which it appeared, or only from the name field.

By experimentation, I have determined that removing the # character from the name field (and leaving it in other fields) is sufficient to make the migration work.

Offline

 

#4 2019-02-19 23:54:31

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06
6949

Re: Need advice on removing # characters in Gallery3 migration

Oooh
Yes that's just the filename due to url encoding potential issues


To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

github twitter facebook google+ newsletter Donate Piwigo.org © 2002-2019 · Contact