Announcement

#1 2023-07-01 20:12:28

linkingpin
2023-04-24

Overview of user ratings by individual users.

Hi all piwigo users,

I have a family album with 600+ photos. I asked my family to go thru all the photos and give them a rating.
After everyone has finished, the top-50 will be included in a printed album.

Sofar no problem. But I get complaints that rating 600 photos in one go is a bit too much, so they want to rate the photos in a number of steps.
The problem (family complaint) is, that (1) a user does not have an overview of all his ratings in the album, so it is difficult to compare the ratings in one album, and (2) it is difficult to see where they left off the last time.

I know about the admin.php?page=rating  and  the admin.php?page=rating_user, but I am not talking about an overview for the piwigo admin, but for the piwigo users.
I also looked at the smartalbum plugin, but there is no search filter for "only current user".

How can a user see, on the thumbnail page, all the ratings he/she has given to photos in that album ? So they can compare all their ratings and adjust it easily.

Is that possible ?

Thanks, Tom

#2 2023-07-02 00:15:33

executive
2017-08-16

Re: Overview of user ratings by individual users.

have you tried making smart albums based on rating?

#3 2023-07-02 13:09:08

linkingpin
2023-04-24

yes, I did try smartalbums.

Smartalbums does make it possible to filter on a rating, and you can limit it to one album.

The problem with smartalbums are:

You can't filter on the logged on user, so you see all ratings of all users.

You see all rated (filtered) pictures on one page, but without their ratings.

If you change a rating or add a rating, you do not see that immediately on the smartalbum. The smartalbum is updated one or more days after the change.

And it is a "new" album, you have to assign rights, and when in piwigo, you have to go to the menu, select albums to select that "new" album.

Perhaps that would work for "us" installers/admins, but it is too cumbersome for the casual user to understand.

Perhaps all I want is a hoover or a way to (temporary) superimpose the ratings on the pictures.

#4 2023-07-03 05:30:27

executive
2017-08-16

try these extensions
[extension by tiico] Concours Photo
[extension by mistic100] ContestResults

Last edited by executive (2023-07-03 05:30:53)

#5 2023-07-03 11:20:25

linkingpin
2023-04-24

Thanks,
They are new to me, will try them today.

#6 2023-07-03 20:54:35

linkingpin
2023-04-24

Hi,

I tried Concours Photo. It does not seem to do what I am looking for: display ratings already set by a specific user on a specific album, and display them to that user.
This is more of a contest. I struggled to get it working, documentation partly in French didn't help.
Did get an option when logged in as admin, did get a title on an album telling me there is a contest going on. But then stuck.

Point is, as a user, I just want an overview in a specific album, what the ratings were I gave to the photos.

The second plugin, ContestResults, I didn't try that one.
First, the name suggests something similar to the Concours Photo, and secondly, the plugin's last revision is from april 2011 and supports piwigo up to 2.2.
I don't want to get into a struggle with a depricated plugin.

Thanks for the options,

Regards, Ton

#7 2023-07-04 20:06:29

executive
2017-08-16

To show ratings in the thumbnail grid, you can modify your own theme
https://github.com/Piwigo/Piwigo/wiki/H … te-a-theme

#8 2023-07-04 21:13:31

linkingpin
2023-04-24

well, that is a possibility if there are no existing themes with that option.

Never done that but I will read that page, and then try to find an existing theme with a hoover option on the thumbnail grid. 

That would be, as a first try, the easiest option.

Last edited by linkingpin (2023-07-04 21:14:39)

Board footer