Announcement

Post a reply

Write your message and submit

Click in the dark area of the image to send your post.

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

ar
2024-08-22 14:42:42

plg wrote:

ar wrote:

Is IPv6-only supported in the new release?

please open a dedicated topic to discuss this matter.

We have a topic for this:

https://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=33380

, no traction with devs unfortunately. With AWS/EC2 now charging for IPv4 use, and most ISPs globally supporting v6, it is a bit sad that piwigo infrastructure does not support ipv6-only use cases.

From my tests in an IPv6-only server with piwigo deployed, everything works well in piwigo minus the SW version and SW upgrade flows (main app and plugins). Even the wordpress integration works well.
So hopefully the fixes needed to support ipv6-only are low complexity.

executive
2024-07-29 04:45:26

@Pastor
As was explained to you before, Piwigo is not a Mac App.
Piwigo will run on any PHP capable web server. It does not care who made the hardware.
Please keep your installation question in the other two topics you created, not in the Announcement section.

pastor
2024-07-27 03:30:36

Is Wigo 15 compatible with macOS Sonoma, and is there any tutorial on how to download, install, and test it on my MacBook Sonoma?

Thanks for your response, and help!

atmrtwbike
2024-07-18 08:55:36

One thing I would like to see are clickable location fields (eg: town, state/province, country), which display if populated, to then bring up any other photos at a given location.

plg
2024-07-15 10:04:15

raupie wrote:

I would like to see a `Delete` button here [on the batch manager, single mode]

You have one :-) Place your mouse over the picture

https://sandbox.piwigo.com/i?/uploads/4/y/1/4y1zzhnrnw//2024/07/15/20240715100208-547224c5-la.png

Notice: Undefined offset: 5 in /var/www/piwigo.org/forum/include/parser.php on line 551
raupie
2024-07-15 01:52:30

I really like the new `single mode` batch mode, it makes tagging a lot simpler!

I would like to see a `Delete` button here as my work flow imports the photos into piwigo from my phone that I tag at a later time. So not everything is going to end up permanently in piwigo. I tag mostly through my phone in the mobile app anyway while watching tv but find myself thinking tagging through the Web UI might be easier. I tend to prefer the mobile app as I can select multiple photos and bulk tag a single keyword in a monthly album setup.

For anyone with a [Github] docker-piwigo file Dockerfile setup I was able to get my setup running on v15 by restoring my primary piwigo backup to another container and hacking their Dockerfile to download and unzip the Beta zip. You have to rebuild the symlinks to `/app/www/public/galleries` instead of `/gallery/galleries`.

plg
2024-07-09 19:10:04

xdisciplex wrote:

If you don't want comments, maybe lock the thread after the initial post.

I don't have any feedback to submit a new thread in the beta forum as I'm not using the beta product.

Your comment was perfectly adequate :-)

The "problem" is when someone "hijacks" a discussion to make an unrelated request. This is not the right way to reach the goal.

We want feedbacks. General feedbacks are welcomed in this topic. Specific feedback (specific issue or bug) should be made a dedicated topic, so that it can be marked as resolved.

Gapster
2024-07-09 19:02:18

I dig the new Batch Manager Unit Mode. I can finally see the picture without clicking on it!  Keep up the great work!

xdisciplex
2024-07-09 14:15:26

If you don't want comments, maybe lock the thread after the initial post.

I don't have any feedback to submit a new thread in the beta forum as I'm not using the beta product.

executive
2024-07-08 05:20:54

guys which part of "please open a dedicated topic to discuss this matter" didn't you get?
This section is for announcements

Zic
2024-07-07 14:57:27

xdisciplex wrote:

(...) I'd much rather have better backup and restore functionality so I can move my gallery between hosts without having to manually re-upload all my images and manually re-add all the image metadata added to pictures over time.

I think this feature would be very useful for people who transfer photos and I don't deny its importance.

Nevertheless, I think that the security problem I described is a critical priority. Of course, I don't want to pressure the creators of Piwigo because They have given us a lot of joy (we can use the awesome piwigo apps), but I myself am afraid for my photos gallery. I've private photos there (intimate) to which I've given access to my closest family members who don't have IT skills. As far as I could, I've passed on to them to keep the password to themselves and change it from time to time. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to maintain such regularity. I don't have security paranoia, I care about common sense. My request for security features (authorization confirmed from a trusted device eg. mobile app) is highly desired by me and people who value privacy. Especially today, when password cracking methods, social engineering are at an advanced level. It must be remembered that one negative event is bigger impact than the announcement of 100 great features.

xdisciplex
2024-07-06 08:20:45

I love the new password handling method, far more secure and a great step.  I think getting to know the userbase better is a solid idea as well and hope that does generate better development roadmaps in the future.

For instance, why would I want my image gallery to read PDF's when so many browsers handle that effortlessly now?  I'd much rather have better backup and restore functionality so I can move my gallery between hosts without having to manually re-upload all my images and manually re-add all the image metadata added to pictures over time.

Zic
2024-07-05 02:08:05

Hi,
First I'd like to thank You for the great Piwigo app (also for its development and support). I'm glad that I can be one of Your users with my own instance. I'd like to know what you think about:

1. Nowadays Password isn't enough:
"Authorization Token from Mobile App" -> [Github] Piwigo issue #2168
I've private photos in my Piwigo and users to whom I gave access don't know how to take care of security, so this topic is very important to me and not only for me (I think so judging by the large number of likes in a short time since the creation of the topic in github)

2. Security: In the topic: https://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=33710 I mentioned two plugins that complement each other (one reports warnings), I think that their features are basic enough to be included in the core or main plugin offered by default in the application.

These are just requests (not demands). I appreciate Your work and would be grateful for your time and answers to the above topics (I consider them worth considering).

plg
2024-07-04 16:08:52

ar wrote:

Is IPv6-only supported in the new release?

please open a dedicated topic to discuss this matter.

erwingeeroms
2024-07-04 10:56:40

Looks nice, thanks for all the effort you put in, maintaining and renewing Piwigo !

Board footer