Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » tips for adding in new version.

#1 2008-11-10 20:41:37

Koen

tips for adding in new version.

I have been searching for some good free and open photo book and this is the best I found. I still have some small tips

i have been modding the phpwebgallery because some things I did not like
* spaces in photo names are allowed

* metadata synchonized when files are synchonized so you don't have two click twice and forget to do a metadata update

* the date_created_on uses with mysql date/time instead of date. Exif reading is changed so it also takes the time of picture taken. In the config I also changed the sort order to date_creation ASC so if you are on a holiday and more than 2 people take pictures, then the pictures will be shown in order of time they are created. Pictures of different people are then mixed.

* pictures are downscaled i.e. 800x600 but if you click on them you can see them in original format on empty page. So not a thumbnail and a high definition and normal picture is needed. This should be a option that you don't need to make always 3 pictures but 2 instead.

* in the picture_modify the properties should be above information so on lower resolution screens you do not have to scroll that much. Must of the time I do not need the information part to give the picture a nice name. The displayed picture that you change the preference of should be the original picture else you can not so good what is on the picture. Small thumbnails like in picture.php to go to next or previous picture would be nice. And if you click an submit there should be an option to go automatically to next picture. This makes naming of a lot of pictures much easier and faster.

I hope you understand my English. I can send you my changed code if you give me your email adress.

#2 2008-11-10 21:09:34

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Re: tips for adding in new version.

For next, please use several topics.

* spaces in photo names are not allowed
because url dislike space we can work around but next version will be distributed with pLoader and you will see.

* the date_created_on should use datetime format.
date_creation is date: We would have one day a work around for this, a plugin maybe. The problem is generally scanned pictures.

* pictures are not downscaled i.e. 800x600
See pLoader when available

* in the picture_modify the properties should be above (on top)
Yes good point next version is Piwigo 2.0.0 you should wait at least 2.1.0 to get these properties.
May I invite you to open a feature request in Bugs (link above).

Do you understand my English: Of course, your English is better than mine.

Thanks.
8-)

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

•  » Requests
  •  » tips for adding in new version.

Board footer