Announcement

#1 2008-12-29 02:32:52

Blunda
2008-12-29

Photo Security

Hello

I am currently looking for a website solution for my dad to display his photos.

PWG looks like a good solution but he dosent want anyone to be able to download them as he sells the photos. The website will only be used to display his work. Can PWG stop people from saving the images on the website?

#2 2008-12-29 09:40:24

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Photo Security

Phpwebgallery can answer the demand

1/ To be effective it is necessary to put one watermark on all the photos

2/ Put category in private

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2008-12-29 10:37:19

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Category in private will not help to sell anything. ;-)

You should prepare your pictures. Reduce enough and watermark them.
There is absolutly no other solution on the web (PhpWebGallery or any other).

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#4 2009-01-20 22:50:02

Jive Bunny
2007-10-12

VDigital wrote:

Category in private will not help to sell anything. ;-)

You should prepare your pictures. Reduce enough and watermark them.
There is absolutly no other solution on the web (PhpWebGallery or any other).

Agreed.

Yes, Reducing them to 72 DPI instead of being high resolution at 300 DPI would go a long way with a watermark, and scaling them down to say 450 px approx. I'm assuming stuff like 300 DPI and image size as this can vary a lot. If it can be resized to 800x 600 without much loss then you have to go even lower on the image your displaying pixel wise and reduce quality.

The secureimages plugin could be used to mask the directory locations of the images.

Personally, I would only have low resolution watermarked images on the server and when he recieves payment for a sale, he sends the client the high resolution image(s) via email. If it takes off large scale then look in to a more convienent way of selling them.

It would have to be mentioned clearly that this is method of delivery. I don't see someone that is willing to buy a image in the first place minding waiting for a email to arrive with the goods.

#5 2009-02-07 16:08:19

cassandra_31
2009-02-07

Having it in private can help you secure your pictures.Actually i'm also planning to  it because i want to post my collection stuff but i don't want others to grab them without my permission.

Board footer