•  » Engine
  •  » How to manage severals galleries with a single installation of piwigo

#1 2010-01-19 12:54:12

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

How to manage severals galleries with a single installation of piwigo

Hi all,

I'm sure I'm not the only one with the purpose to manage severals galleries. I used of course piwigo for all of thems but with the actual architecture of piwigo force me to install as many piwigo as galleries. When someting change (security fix, plugins updated,...) I have to update all my installation. It's boring and time consuming !

I think it could be a real improvement if piwigo could manage severals independant galleries. To be honest, that purpose becomes really important because of my packaging for debian.

The ideas behind that multiple galleries installation of piwigo is to have all galleries independant (theme, configuration, plugins, database, url, path, ...) but sharing the same core code. Each gallery can have its ones plugins, its ones tables, its one images (galleries directory), its one themes,...

I'm not sure how to implement that but we can see how others projects do that : dotclear, drupal, wordpress, ...
I like drupal model base on overriding things. A new site (a new gallery) use default things per default (themes, plugins, users, ...) but almost everything can be override in the site installation directory.

The discussion is opened ...

•  » Engine
  •  » How to manage severals galleries with a single installation of piwigo

Board footer