Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Trouble with pLoader for Mac OS X

#1 2010-02-28 22:46:19

Brendan

Trouble with pLoader for Mac OS X

Hi! Could someone post exact instructions for getting pLoader for Mac OS X to work with? I'm able to download and install it, but nothing happends when I double click the icon to start it. I've also tried installing wxPerl first then installing pLoader but am still not having any luck!! Thanks in advance for the help!!!

#2 2010-03-01 09:23:58

SNF69
Lyon (FR)
2009-05-12

Re: Trouble with pLoader for Mac OS X

Hi,

pLoader for Mac OS X only works on Snow Leopard ;o)

Seb

My galery ?? Here it is : Galerie de Stephy et Seb

#3 2010-03-01 22:52:00

Brendan

Hummmm. Ok, do I need to install wxPerl before hand also?

#4 2010-03-01 23:53:10

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Brendan wrote:

Hummmm. Ok, do I need to install wxPerl before hand also?

No, you don't.

Are you sure absolutely nothing happens? I also thought nothing was happening, but in fact wxPerl/pLoader is in the dock. I think ron (pLoader master) is working on fixing this issue. MacOS environment is quite new to him (and to me, I just can't help me with my current knowledge).

To make pLoader opening more obvious, I switch to an empty "Space", I turn off the "Automatically hide abd show the dock" option and then I click on the Applications>pLoader. In the doc, the pLoader icon bumps and the connection popup appears.

#5 2010-03-02 09:17:59

ron
Former Piwigo Team
2008-09-30

wxPerl is pLoader runtime. It is located in /opt/pLoader directory and is installed by pLoader intallation process.

You can run pLoader from command line in order to get "debug" informations :

1/ open a Terminal session

2/ type this command and validate :  /Applications/pLoader.app/Contents/MacOS/pLoader

The pLoader connection dialog box should be displayed ( make sure it is not hidden by another window ).

#6 2010-05-12 00:05:00

Limbo

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem, I'm running 10.5.8 (Leopard)

Is there any possible way for you guys to make it compatible?
It'd be so handy to have the uploader!

#7 2014-06-27 07:14:30

plocher
2014-06-27

Any progress on getting pLoader to work on MacOS-newer-than-SnowLeopard?  Such as 10.9.x?

This error smells like pLoader is including its own old version of ImageMagik, which is linked to system libraries that no longer exist in MacOS...

depot:Photo-Archives plocher$ uname -a
Darwin depot.local 13.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.2.0: Thu Apr 17 23:03:13 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.100.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

depot:Photo-Archives plocher$ /Applications/pLoader.app/Contents/MacOS/pLoader
Can't load '/opt/pLoader/perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.1/darwin-2level/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.bundle' for module Image::Magick: dlopen(/opt/pLoader/perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.1/darwin-2level/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.bundle, 1): Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libclparser.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/pLoader/lib/libMagickCore.3.dylib
  Reason: image not found at /opt/pLoader/perl/lib/5.10.1/darwin-2level/DynaLoader.pm line 204, <DATA> line 1.
at /Applications/pLoader.app/Contents/Resources/src/Uploader/ImageList.pm line 25
Compilation failed in require at /Applications/pLoader.app/Contents/Resources/src/Uploader/ImageList.pm line 25, <DATA> line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Applications/pLoader.app/Contents/Resources/src/Uploader/ImageList.pm line 25, <DATA> line 1.
Compilation failed in require at /Applications/pLoader.app/Contents/Resources/src/Uploader/GUI/wxApp.pm line 64, <DATA> line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Applications/pLoader.app/Contents/Resources/src/Uploader/GUI/wxApp.pm line 64, <DATA> line 1.
Compilation failed in require at /Applications/pLoader.app/Contents/Resources/src/ploader.pl line 28, <DATA> line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Applications/pLoader.app/Contents/Resources/src/ploader.pl line 28, <DATA> line 1.
&Image::Magick::constant not defined. The required ImageMagick libraries are not installed or not installed properly.
END failed--call queue aborted at /Applications/pLoader.app/Contents/Resources/src/ploader.pl line 28, <DATA> line 1.

#8 2014-06-29 13:05:02

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi plocher,

No progress actually. And unless someone wants to help, I don't see any progress coming.

plocher wrote:

This error smells like pLoader is including its own old version of ImageMagik, which is linked to system libraries that no longer exist in MacOS...

I confirm that pLoader for MacOSX includes its own version of ImageMagick. If we could have ImageMagick as a prerequisite and not have it included, maybe it would be easier to make pLoader work on new versions of MacOSX. If we could run pLoader from source (like we do on Linux), it would be even easier.

#9 2014-06-29 17:29:59

plocher
2014-06-27

> install from source...

Is pLoader source code available?

John

#10 2014-06-29 17:47:27

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05