Announcement

•  » Beta testing
  •  » Lightroom plug-in beta testing - invitation

#46 2010-11-16 21:20:30

starRider
2010-01-31

Re: Lightroom plug-in beta testing - invitation

Hello

IMHO I would think / suggest that the rights management is not your problem ( besides in one area but i come back later on this ) but the issue of Piwigo. I wouldn't suggest to transfer any of that in terms of management into LR which is not its purpose at all. For the time being your plugin just does what it should do publishing pictures along the functional guidelines from LR.

For me as you explained before you get a security token for the current session so when publishing republishing deleting etc. I would assume that this token either goes with the request back to piwigo or piwigo knows from the session somewhere else what the credentials are. In any case Piwigo has to check the credentials. If they are ok for the current state of the album structure even if albums have been moved around in piwigo it should go through and i suggest the problem come from piwigo. The only thing you can do is ev showing an "unauthorized access" message from an error code produced by piwigo if it is not able to update the album.

I don't know how you map LR albums to Piwigo albums but i assume there is something like a unique id for that. Together with the question/issue of having Piwigo manage credentials on all actions it basically means in this case that the LR album hierarchy and the Piwigo hierarchy can be entirely different ( if that's of use is another question ) as albums from one hierarchy are mapped into the other through the id.

So on both sides you are free to move albums around as you like as long as they keep the same uid

So in the end i would say that the Piwigo API just has to have the possibility to check the authorization level of the incoming transaction and give back an appropriate error message/code for to be able to handle the condition properly in LR

There is one tricky area nevertheless and that's the sync feature i was talking about because you would have to decide if you show the hierarchy in LR based on the Piwigo credentials or not ...
and what is happening to albums in LR which do not belong to the currently logged in user etc. I didn't think this through but there will be some serious design decisions to be made.

To make a long story short I think is on Piwigos side for the moment to look at the issue ( I think we agreed on that :-)  but maybe you just should tell me to stop talking ( and you can tell me that no offense taken at all ) as i didin't look into the relevant API for now and surely just scratch the real issues on the surface

Cheers
//sR

#47 2010-11-17 16:22:53

Polly
Translation Team
2010-01-15

Hey,

i think, i found a new issue.

i tried to set up a second Piwigo "publish service".
I got two services, and its possible to set 2 different URLs, but the username and password is the same for both services.

if i change password or/and user in one service it is also changed in the other publish service

hm... bad bad bad english.... ;-)

#48 2010-11-17 16:28:56

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

Thanks Polly, I'll look into this.

#49 2010-11-18 15:04:34

Hugues
2008-01-06

alloyphoto wrote:

Thanks Polly, I'll look into this.

Hi,

The same results for me. Impossible to have more than one account (service)

Thanks for all, alloyphoto! that's a very nice job

#50 2010-11-18 15:10:49

Hugues
2008-01-06

Alloyphoto,

Is the synchronization between Lr and PWG ( <-> 2 ways) possible?

Hugues

#51 2010-11-18 15:35:17

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

Only one-way synchronization is possible, from Lightroom to Piwigo.
This brings up a workflow point. Basically, all publish collections that were created in Lightroom should be maintained via Lightroom in order to be accurate and in sync. If you modify your collections from "outside" of Lightroom (for example, upload more photos using other tools), Lightroom would not know about anything about those photos.

#52 2010-11-18 15:43:33

Hugues
2008-01-06

alloyphoto wrote:

Only one-way synchronization is possible, from Lightroom to Piwigo.
This brings up a workflow point. Basically, all publish collections that were created in Lightroom should be maintained via Lightroom in order to be accurate and in sync. If you modify your collections from "outside" of Lightroom (for example, upload more photos using other tools), Lightroom would not know about anything about those photos.

So, from my point of view, everything's ok.

Do you want I check something in particular?

#53 2010-11-18 15:51:49

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

In the next 3-4 days I am going to have an updated version that will allow to have independent user credentials for each publish service,  this would need to be tested.

Last edited by alloyphoto (2010-11-18 15:57:03)

#54 2010-11-18 16:02:36

Hugues
2008-01-06

alloyphoto wrote:

In the next 3-4 days I am going to have an updated version that will allow to have independent user credentials for each publish services,  this would need to be tested.

With pleasure! ;o)

2 questions... for my understanding ;o)

What's the final goal of your PIWIGO Publish Service ?
For what users?

tks a lot for this great development

#55 2010-11-18 16:12:44

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

I am sorry, I don't think I understand the last question.
You are probably asking whether the plug-in will be commercial... The plug-in will be available for the Piwigo community, free of charge.

#56 2010-11-18 16:22:54

Hugues
2008-01-06

alloyphoto wrote:

I am sorry, I don't think I understand the last question.
You are probably asking whether the plug-in will be commercial... The plug-in will be available for the Piwigo community, free of charge.

Sorry for my very bad english...

Are you developing this publish service for instances, for a professional photographer, single user, multiple users ????

#57 2010-11-18 17:19:28

Hugues
2008-01-06

Impossible to move an "album" outside an "album set".

Move from an "album set" to an other "album set", NO PROBLEM

#58 2010-11-20 19:37:48

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

I'll look into this.

As far as the question about the intended audience is concerned, I guess it's for anybody uploading photos from Lightroom to a Piwigo gallery. Perhaps I am just not seeing how professional photographers would be different from single users, or multiple users for that matter. Every user is required to have a login to post photos, as long as they have a login and know the URL of the hosting service there should be no difference what their aspirations are :)

#59 2010-11-21 23:41:55

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

Build 225 is available for download.

Changes in the this build:

* Added the ability to create multiple Publish Services, each with an individual set of login credentials
* Fixed the error when re-parenting a unpublished album
* Fixed the error when using the "Go to Album in Piwigo" option
* Improved handling of situations when albums or photos are deleted from Piwigo service outside of Lightroom

#60 2010-11-22 00:03:41

Gotcha
Former Piwigo Team
Pourrières (83) [FR]
2007-03-14

Hi Vladimir,

The update system from the plugin (i am in build 217) don't work :-(

•  » Beta testing
  •  » Lightroom plug-in beta testing - invitation

Board footer