Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Community plugin, new generation for Piwigo 2.2+

#196 2015-02-10 20:57:24

como
2014-11-22

Re: Community plugin, new generation for Piwigo 2.2+

For users, who own albums and uploaded pictures, there are possibilities to "quick edit" and delete pictures.

Is there any planes (or exist any hack?) for picture page to provide next to "delete" link in admin bar, a link "album thumbnail" - which simply makes current photo as album thumbnail. It is important or user to can do this.

Also, other important thing is to be able to reorder album photos. Any idea?

#197 2015-02-12 12:06:15

Orthank
2008-07-01

Thank you for this plugin, it saves me a lot of time.

However, I have one request... I am looking how to allow, for any registered user, the creation of sub-albums in its own User-Album.

Maybe I am missing something but as soon as I select "User Album Only", I cannot select "Apply to sub-album" and "ability to create sub-albums".

It seems fair to me to allow users to create subfolder in their own folder.

Edit : One possibility will be to set a rule/user but it is not the best way to do. (Even if I could modify the .php to execute the sql request during the user creation).

Last edited by Orthank (2015-02-12 15:47:51)

#198 2015-02-15 19:11:58

anjus

Hi plg,
I was using version 2.6.3 and did upgrade to version 2.73, then noticed that the plugin that let users change the images do not existe more (ICY MODIFY PICTURE).
How do I make the users to exchange images without this plugin?
The plugin ICY MODIFY PICTURE will be released for version 2.7.3?

please

#199 2015-02-23 23:41:45

Jian

Community upload does not work in mobile version.

my mobile is samsung G4

Sincerely

Jian Zhan

#200 2015-03-05 14:37:20

INTEGRATIONIST
2014-02-24

Hi,

is there a bugtracker for this plugin? A forum thread is not a good place for discussing several issues, but I can not find any information about a bugtracker or some similar facility. If you do not want to  maintain a bugtracker yourself you could just simply use github, many open source project use it nowadays. This way you and your users would have a huge benefit, as there is some kind of structured communication possible.

The issue I have: in a browser with no flash installed (has anybody flash still nowadays?) I see a link to a browser uploader, but following this link only shows the startpage. I tried with the default theme.

This is the link I am wariting about:
https://gallery.example.com/index.php/a … _mode=html

So it seems to be broken.

It would be nice to reuse the user interface upload component that is used in the admin section. It seems to be a very natural and logical thing to  use the same upload screen for the community extension, what do you think about this idea?

Thanks for your attention!

#201 2015-04-01 21:05:07

Fiete

Hi There,

first of all.. gz to the very nice and helpful plugin. I love it.

I have here som problems.

Is there a function to set the permissions of a sub-folder created by a user?

My Problem is, when a User create a Sub-folder (i set sub-folder creation allowed and the confidence to high in the Community plugin config) and upload a Photo to it. other Users do not have the read permission.

I have klicked the Box in the main album to take over the permissions to the sub-albums. and my group of users (called mainUsers) stands in the allowed groups.
all albums are private

I hope you understand.

greetz
Fiete

#202 2015-05-10 02:32:02

Downburst
2015-04-09

Fiete wrote:

Hi There,

first of all.. gz to the very nice and helpful plugin. I love it.

I have here som problems.

Is there a function to set the permissions of a sub-folder created by a user?

My Problem is, when a User create a Sub-folder (i set sub-folder creation allowed and the confidence to high in the Community plugin config) and upload a Photo to it. other Users do not have the read permission.

I have klicked the Box in the main album to take over the permissions to the sub-albums. and my group of users (called mainUsers) stands in the allowed groups.
all albums are private

I hope you understand.

greetz
Fiete

I have this exact same problem, you can fix this manually by adding the group to the permission list. But it would be nice to automatize this action.

#203 2015-06-24 08:39:38

Roswita

Hi everybody

Community is a great plugin and it works to 99% for me as i wish. Thanks.

However, i have one issue: it seems - as far as i have read in this an the german forum - that for community users the default ulpoad privacy level is "everybody". I would like to change this default permission to "friends". How can i do this (probably changing the code somewhere) ??

Reason: we have a closed gallery (school-mates). All users belong to the privacy level "friends". Nobody outside should be able to see the photos. As it is now, any time a user has uploaded some photos, i need to login as admin and change the privacy-level manually to friends.

Any help or hints are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Roswita

#204 2015-07-23 13:57:07

Teemu

Fiete wrote:

I'm not sure whether the uploader can explicitly set any permissions, but you should be able to set permission inheritance so that sub-albums inherit the parents' permissions.

In order for inheritance to work, I believe you need to set $conf['inheritance_by_default'] = true; in your local config.

#205 2015-07-31 00:59:59

Azure

I have an importan question about this plugin.

To upload files the user need to be administrator. But as administrator can edit all the site! How can I do to restrict them only to him/her album?

#206 2015-09-25 11:55:36

Jan_deman

@Azure :  What you are looking for is the plugin Community.

@plg : First of all, great job. I like this straigth forward and nicely written gallery. The community plugin adds a link Upload photos in "menu". I disabled "menu" because I don't want the options listed, so it took me a while to discover where the link was. I thought the link Upload photos would be listed beneath "administration". Shouldn't that be the right place for the link?

#207 2015-09-30 00:10:16

Scott_T
2015-09-29

Kudos on an awesome plugin.....I am loving Piwigo!

Regards,
Scott

#208 2015-09-30 22:25:30

Adel Zarrug

plg wrote:

... but I want to have HTML5 upload for Community for sure. In a future version of plugin Community.

Would be great if next version is supported by HTML5 multi files upload, flash is almost gone and dose not supported by mobile phones.

Looking forward to see it is action.

#209 2015-10-21 16:39:22

OlivierF

Hi,

Is is normal that all photo's uploaded through the community plugin are listed as "Uploaded by Guest" instead of the user name?
I'm using Apache LDAP authentication, perhaps that changes something?

#210 2015-10-21 16:44:44

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi OlivierF,

OlivierF wrote:

Is is normal that all photo's uploaded through the community plugin are listed as "Uploaded by Guest" instead of the user name?
I'm using Apache LDAP authentication, perhaps that changes something?

And when you look at your history, are these users considered as "guest" or their actual user name?

•  » Extensions
  •  » Community plugin, new generation for Piwigo 2.2+

Board footer