Announcement

#1 2011-08-18 20:14:08

typhoon43
2011-08-18

How to upload a pic from my Iphone/Ipad

Hi guys, former Gallery3 user that's converted to Piwigo and I'm loving it so far. The one thing I can't seem to find via search is how to upload pics from my Iphone. I know there's currently no app to do it, but I've caught mentions of being able to upload from within mobile Safari. When I tried that, The "choose file" radio button is not selectable. Is there a code change I need to make on the backend, or is this still not possible yet?

Thanks!

#2 2011-08-23 14:11:24

P@t
Piwigo Team
Nice
2007-06-13

Re: How to upload a pic from my Iphone/Ipad

You must install Safari Upload Enabler from cydia (your iPhone/iPad must be jailbreaked).
Then, from the piwigo's web uploader page, select the "old style form".

P@t

#3 2011-08-30 11:49:48

perdox808
2011-08-29

Re: How to upload a pic from my Iphone/Ipad

Hello typhoon 43.

I am in the same boat as you. I have been using Piwigo for about 4 days now. All my family and friends have been blown away with Piwigo. Most of them have iPhones and of course, once they have been on the site their first question is: 'How can I add my photos from my iPhone?'.

I have installed the Community plugin and they can upload their photos through that from their laptop computers but I can't seem to work out how to give them easy access through their iPhone/iPad.

The ultimate would be:

1. Take picture with iPhone.

2. Email it to the website (much like you can do with Wordpress).

Alas, I don't think this is possible (yet). Given the number of people now using iPhones/iPads, this is an area that needs to be improved on by the developers (God bless them they are brilliant!).

To P@t, please, for us newbies, can you step-by-step the procedure?

For example, in 2.2.4, I have gone to Photos>Add>Upload Photos tab and have switched to the old style form. I know how to install the Safari Upload Enabler but then what?

Do I visit the site and click somewhere special?

Please help by describing the mechanics of uploading a photo. It would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks.

Board footer