#1 2011-12-08 16:45:49

GroceryBusiness
2011-12-08

Installation Error Cannot connect to server

Piwigo 2.3.1
MySql 5.0.9
linux cPanel
PHP 5.3.1

During initial installation I receive an error that it cannot connect to the server: Access denied for user 'groceryb'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I have confirmed that host (which is not localhost), user, password & database name are correct.  I can log into the database via Navicat & myPHPAdmin.

I have searched this forum and some posts on this topic but cannot find one that includes an answer.

#2 2011-12-08 17:53:13

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Installation Error Cannot connect to server

Hello
it seems that the user used for database has no right for writing : check the rights in your phpmyadmin
[Forum, post 124256 by Eric in topic 18012] Trouble with mysql :-(

Last edited by flop25 (2011-12-08 17:56:08)

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2011-12-11 15:04:19

GroceryBusiness
2011-12-08

Thanks for the suggestion.  I double checked, and the DB user has full permissions.

I am snot sure if this is a problem connecting to the database of it is an issue writing to a file/directory on the server.  Are there files or directories that need special permissions?  For example, perhaps the file 'photos/admin/configuration.php' needs to be something other than 644?

Last edited by GroceryBusiness (2011-12-11 15:14:05)

#4 2012-01-14 23:35:13

David

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having basically the identical problem. I'm using site5 for hosting and getting the same error. I can connect to the sql server using the user credentials I'm providing to the piwigo installer using SQLylog. One clue I have is the error is:

"Warning:  [mysql error 1045] Access denied for user 'myusername'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
SET NAMES "utf8" in /home/metamusi/public_html/gallery/include/dblayer/functions_mysql.inc.php on line 767"

First, I am not installing to localhost, I am installing to a domain, which I've given the installer.

Second, the db username is 'myusername_something' which I am also providing to the installer, but that's not what's being reported in the error.

Any clues as to how to get past this very welcome, thanks,

#5 2013-03-02 00:40:06

ataraxic

Yes, you should create Database name.
See the field in Database Configuration window. There is a field:

Database name [some name] also given by your host provider

As I am my own host provider -- I've create it by myself through http://192.168.xxx.xxx/phpmyadmin/ web interface.

Hope it helps...

Board footer