Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Miscelleanous Suggestions for Improvements

#1 2012-01-22 14:56:15

wernerk
2012-01-22

Miscelleanous Suggestions for Improvements

Hello,

I'ver just tested Piwigo for two weeks. Generally I find it great. But some difficulties have appeared, and so I miss some features:

1) An administration level between a normal user and an administrator has been partly implemented in the "community" plugin, and there are also some differences between webmaster and administrators, but this seems not enough. I suggest more nuanced and individually configurable settings for the admininistrator level. So it should be possible to block normal administrators from changing the layout or a user configuration, but perhaps they should be allowed to sort images, delete their own images or create categories. For each item on the admin page there shoud be a separately configurable permission for the administrator level (or an additional "privileged user" level) which can only be changed by the webmaster.

2) O.k., via "community" a "privileged user" can create sub-categories, but why can't he determine if an album is commentable or not? This feature is missing in "community" and also in "PLoader".

3) Besides the specific category setting there should be a general and superordinate setting for category properties like "commentable" both for reading and writing. Being generally switched off, no "comment" menu should appear in the menu block.

4) The properties of categories should be heritable. If a superordinate category doesn't own the property "commentable", the subordinate shouldn't own this either (as default).

5) There should be an optional link between an author in the image description block and a personal portfolio album.

6) It should be possible to sort a category also by image title and by author (o.k. that would only be the first name, but better than nothing) and perhaps some further criteria.

7) There should be a possibility of installing different banners for different pages. Perhaps someone wants to show a logo, a photo and an introduction at the head of the main page and only the logo on the photo page and perhaps sothething else on other pages. I know there are some plugins, but they are not flexible enough.

Greetings
Werner

#2 2012-02-11 20:53:49

Qux
2012-02-09

Re: Miscelleanous Suggestions for Improvements

As someone struggling to administer two Piwigo galleries with moderate number of users, I share Werner's wish list.  But I would say that the most critical requirement is simply that a new album created by a user must inherit the properties of the parent album -- including the group permissions!  As it is, a user can create a new album and upload photos -- but an administrator must then manually authorize that album for access by everyone else in the user's group.

•  » Requests
  •  » Miscelleanous Suggestions for Improvements

Board footer