Announcement

#1 2012-03-01 11:55:58

gdhp
2012-03-01

Large Album Numbers

So I am currently building an intranet gallery for a Council. The idea being that all staff across all departments could access via browser every photo owned by the council. Thanks to the excellent tagging, the fact you can add photos to multiple albums/categories and it looks nice Piwigo seems basically perfect.

However I have a concern about what will happen when the albums reach large numbers.

Currently when you go to associate a photo to an album it creates a dropdown list of every album in the gallery.

However with this system implemented my gallery would end up with literally hundreds of albums.

In an ideal world it would open up some kind of folder explore system where clicking on one opened up sub-albums, but if that plugin/feature doesn't exist, will the dropdown box develop an ability to at least move up and down a list using a navigation bar (sorry for totally forgetting the name) or will beyond forty of so albums the list just dissapear off the screen making it impossible to associate photos to certain albums.

Any advice on a solution would be appreciated.

#2 2012-03-04 14:11:33

wernerk
2012-01-22

Re: Large Album Numbers

The ideal solution would be to have an icon on every album page (or every album preview box) for uploading pictures directly into the chosen album. Perhaps someone could wirte a plugin ;-)

Greetings
Werner

Board footer