•  » Engine
  •  » Multi size : size for the picture page

#1 2012-04-19 17:41:47

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Multi size : size for the picture page

hello
currently the user and the admin can't choose the size for the picture page. I've seen a ticket to let the user choose the maximum size, but we should let the admin choose between an autosize (js calculation to display the best size between l xl xxl...) , a fixed size, and a fixed size with a possible overwriting by the user setting 'maximum size'.
What's your opinion ?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#2 2012-04-19 18:13:29

rvelices
Former Piwigo Team
2005-12-29

Re: Multi size : size for the picture page

plugin ?

#3 2012-04-19 18:16:04

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

I agree, we'll have this feature as a plugin after Piwigo 2.4.0.

What would be good is that we make the plugin as easy as possible, with the ability to add an option in the size list "automatic size".

#4 2012-04-19 18:23:12

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

A plugin for the autosize or giving the 'power' to the admin ?
For the autosize, this is my view : we have an awesome new feature, and the picture page is the second most important page just after the index and... we still display not adapted size. There is a little contradiction no ? A gallery is made to show picture in the most easy and beautifully way for visitors ?
I'm not asking for a feature like the existing plugin, because it's fit exactly by modifying the display size of the picture.

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#5 2012-04-19 19:25:21

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

flop25 wrote:

A plugin for the autosize or giving the 'power' to the admin ?

Are you talking about [Bugtracker] ticket 2576? No time left to implement it for Piwigo 2.4.

flop25 wrote:

For the autosize, this is my view : we have an awesome new feature, and the picture page is the second most important page just after the index and... we still display not adapted size. There is a little contradiction no ? A gallery is made to show picture in the most easy and beautifully way for visitors ?

I fully agree with you: in my opinion the goal of multiple size is to automatically display the biggest possible size for the visitor. For now we don't have the "automatic detection of the biggest possible size", but rvelices has implemented the whole engine to make this "front end" feature possible. We'll have it, I'm confident about it :-)

•  » Engine
  •  » Multi size : size for the picture page

Board footer