Announcement

#1 2012-06-03 20:28:06

djmpls
2012-06-03

Exporting a photo "description" or "caption" into Piwigo "Description"

I have an historical photo project. I like to write some information in the Aperture meta data field "Caption" and then export the photo into Piwigo. Some meta data shows up, such as Keywords but I have not been able to capture the text from "Caption".  I created a custom field in Aperture called "Description" but this does not import into Piwigo "Description".

I have tried the plug-in "Aperture to Piwigo" but this does not capture the text from Aperture "Caption or Description".

Any suggestions?

#2 2012-06-04 09:04:36

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Exporting a photo "description" or "caption" into Piwigo "Description"

Hi djmpls,

I don't know if it works the same way as in iPhoto: iPhoto does not store title/description into photo IPTC metadata. Only a "file export" can write them into IPTC.

I ask marcsins (author of iPhoto/Aperture export plugins to Piwigo) if he can add support for sending title/description when adding photos to Piwigo.

#3 2012-06-04 15:17:32

malo
2011-06-03

Another way to get information into the piwigo database field is to use SQL. If you use phpmyadmin there is a way to type (copy/paste) SQL code and to run it with your database.

A sample line of code to add a comment is this:
UPDATE `piwigo_images` SET `comment`='… this is an example description' WHERE `piwigo_images`.`id` = '1234';

Of course you can export a database listing of your piwigo_images table from the database into an Excel Spreadsheet, enter your data there and let Excel generate the SQL script lines ...

#4 2012-06-05 04:51:36

djmpls
2012-06-03

plg and maio:  Thank you for your reply.  I suspected it would involve a database. Yes, I do have MySQL access but I have limited knowledge on how to modify this data base.

My best bet may be to see this;  "I ask marcsins (author of iPhoto/Aperture export plugins to Piwigo) if he can add support for sending title/description when adding photos to Piwigo."

Thanks for your help.

djmpls

Board footer