Announcement

#1 2013-04-03 22:13:38

dolfijntje33
2013-04-03

impossible to login as admin after first Piwigo installation

Hello,

I just installed Piwigo 2.5 for the first time for testing purposes, and to find out if it is the software I am lokking for. I created 3 test albums and changed the configuration in the admin page. I logged out of the admin page so I could see the album/gallery as it would be seen by the visitors. During installation I inserted a admin user name and password, which I had send to my emailaddress. However, when I want to login on the admin page (admin.php) again the created admin username and password are not accepted and I can not login on the admin page anymore.
When going tot admin/index.php I am not asked for the admin login credentials as well, but i get reffered to the albums gallery.

the gallery can be found at http://in-progress.nl/steinsetzer/fotoalbum

Please help me to sort this out so I can login to the admin page again.

Greetings from Holland,

Dolfijntje33

Last edited by dolfijntje33 (2013-04-03 22:16:56)

#2 2013-04-05 21:07:52

dolfijntje33
2013-04-03

Re: impossible to login as admin after first Piwigo installation

Is there nobody who can help me to resolve this problem?

I removed Piwigo, dropped the piwigo tables from the database, and reinstalled everything. Again after uploaded 3 album, and logging out of the administration page, I cannot login again.

Very frustrating if you like the software, but that you cannot get it to work as it should.

I have searched the forum and found more threads about this issue, but no real answer on how to resolve it. The .htaccess is not pressent in the ftp directory.

Any help to get this resolved is appeciated.

#3 2013-04-05 22:24:25

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Hello
could you look at your stored encrypted password [Forum, post 138016 by lalitcs4u in topic 20868] Urgent help needed ? check if that's the one you set

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#4 2013-04-06 00:13:04

dolfijntje33
2013-04-03

The password is correct. When I login with the admin account at the frontside, so at http://www.in-progress.nl/steinsetzer/f … /index.php I am able to login. But when I go to admin.php I get a popup window asking for username and password and there the admin username and password are not accepted. After a couple of tries I get following error in my browser:

You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
•Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
•Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.

HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)
•Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401.
•Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Authentication, Access Control, and About Custom Error Messages.

Last edited by dolfijntje33 (2013-04-06 00:13:28)

#5 2013-04-06 10:57:15

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Ok
Don't know how is working a IIS server but its misconfiguration is the cause: it tries to protect "admin " URL
So check the advices given by the server about Access control

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#6 2013-04-06 10:58:39

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Next time choose a Linux server, that's the best advice I could give you. I'm not even a Linux user

#7 2013-04-06 11:20:33

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

dolfijntje33 wrote:

[...] when I go to admin.php I get a popup window asking for username and password

Piwigo does not open any popup for authentication on admin.php

dolfijntje33 wrote:

[...] and there the admin username and password are not accepted. After a couple of tries I get following error in my browser:

You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Please try the following:
•Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
•Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.

HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

This is not a Piwigo error. I don't know where it comes from.

#8 2013-04-11 15:42:24

Andrew W

I have a similar problem,

Every time I log in as ADMIN (webmaster account) the password is automatically changed in the MySql database and cannot login to it again.  If I manually change the password in the admin panel, I still cannot log into the account using the password I just changed it to, If I use the password reset feature and chance the password, still won't let me log in.  Only way to log in is to actually modify the MySQL database to revert the encrypted password in the database back to what it's suppose to be.

Also when attempting to register an account using OAuth Google I get a bunch of errors on the page, but then seems to create the account anyways.  I was also using a fresh install importing a few image tables from a previous install to restore uploaded images.

#9 2013-04-11 15:50:59

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Hello
are you on the same type of server config?

#10 2013-04-11 15:56:49

Andrew W

No I'm on a linux server, I also have v2.4.6 installed on the same server under a different domain and in a separate database without any problems.  Seems that v2.5 changes every password to start with $P$G

#11 2013-04-11 16:09:14

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Piwigo changed the way to hash password
check [Bugtracker] ticket 2727
I'm searching what's wrong there

#12 2013-04-11 16:11:25

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Just to be 100% sure : could you manually download the last version, and re-upload all files by overwriting plz, thx

#13 2013-04-11 16:22:00

Andrew W

No the password is hashed it's not plain text.

The password in the database of 2.4.6 is "5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99" this equals "password" in plain text, copying the hashed password into the database of 2.5 it lets me login but then changes the password.  Will try re-uploading the files.

#14 2013-04-11 16:26:26

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Andrew W wrote:

No the password is hashed it's not plain text.

Hmm... I'm interested to know what I said which made you think I said the contrary o_Ô

#15 2013-04-11 19:57:27

Andrew W

You said that Piwigo changed the way the passwords were hashed, I was just pointing out the obvious so we were on the same page.
So I deleted /local/config/database.inc.php
Re-uploaded all files.
Cleared out all rows in piwigo_users, piwigo_user_access, piwigo_user_infos
Went to the site, the install page showed up, setup the database, entered in the admin username and password I wanted. checked the database, the password was entered as a standard MD5 Hash (same as previous version) was able to access the admin pages, make some changes, ect. logged out, password still standard MD5 hash in database, attempted to login using the username and password, says that the password is invalid, checked database and the password is now SALTED to something different, and cannot login.
Changed password back to standard MD5 hash in database, lets me login and the password is back to being salted and can't login again.

I thought I was loosing my mind, but then searching the form here there's a lot of people that seem to talk about the password issue same or similar.

Environment

Operating system: Linux
        PHP: 5.2.17 (Show info) [2013-04-11 11:55:57]
        MySQL: 5.5.30-log [2013-04-11 11:55:57]
        Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.7.9-10

Board footer