Announcement

•  » Your Piwigo
  •  » How I used Piwigo for my website

#1 2014-07-29 13:23:41

matthys
2014-04-02

How I used Piwigo for my website

Hello ... finally though I should mention how I used Piwigo for my website.
I know everyone has his own personal opinion how things should look like.
But this is just to give you an impression what you can do with Piwigo.
Like all other web photo gallery software, it may not be perfect for what you want to do with it.
This is also the case for me, but still the frequent updates and all the plugin decided to test Piwigo.
And from testing I went on to create my new website and replacing the old Coppermine gallery.

Keep in mind, I really modified a lot of 'things' to my desire. Also there are still items I do not like.
For example the comments, now disabled because I do not like the way it currently looks like by default.
The 2 tables with left the add entry and on the right the comment, would rather like to be on top of each other.
Meaning; add entry as first and under it the comments (most resent on top).
I also have to figure out how to remove the Social Buttons from the Contact page.
Why would you have these buttons there, to share your contact form?

The website is based on  BlancMont XL Theme by repie38 (from boulde's and P@t's idea).
And I love the Header Manager, and even the LocalFiles Editor plugin is a really must have.

Keep in mind, it's still work in progress and I still need to move a lot of photo's to the new website.

Have a look at Matthijs van Wageningen's Photo Gallery

Piwigo version: 2.6.3 -> 2.7.0 -> 2.7.1 -> 2.7.2 -> 2.7.3 -> 2.7.4 -> now 2.8.0
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 5.6.11
MySQL: 5.6.28
Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.8.9-9

3309 photos (first photo added on Friday 25 April 2014)

Latest update (June 2015), moved my website to DigitalOcean (cloud hosting) to improve performance ;-)

Last edited by matthys (2016-03-27 12:06:49)

•  » Your Piwigo
  •  » How I used Piwigo for my website

Board footer