Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » Problems with Internet Explorer 11 displaying thumbnails and pictures

#1 2014-08-31 16:07:06

rtevyncke
2014-07-25

Problems with Internet Explorer 11 displaying thumbnails and pictures

Greetings,

I have a problem in Internet Explorer that it is not displaying thumbnails or pictures in many cases. I am using the modus theme where the problem is in viewing thumbnails and pictures. The problem is also occurs for clear theme but only when searching for pictures, the thumbnails do not display the pictures.

After investigating by running the IE in debug mode, I found that the error message coming was "The attached page targets document mode 7 Some console APIs and features may not be available." This occurred on multiple machines running Win7 and IE11.

Good news is that when I manually force the piwigo website to run in mode 10 or 11 for example, everything is fine.

So I see it is important to set the "content='IE=edge'" in the meta tag then all should be ok as we force IE to use the latest document mode. Example below;

Code:

<html>
   <head>
      <title>My Web Page</title>
      <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />  ß---this one
   </head>
  <body>
      <p>Content goes here.</p>
   </body>
</html>

So have I done something wrong in the piwigo config setup or is this a theme problem or how do I ensure that piwigo asks IE to run the latest document mode ?

Note sure if it is relevant but I am also using the GThumbs+, RV Thumbnail Scroller and Collections. Modus is a good theme, but I needed GThumbs+ so that I could access the collections quickly from the thumbnails page. All are the latest versions.

Piwigo version: 2.6.3
PHP version: 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.13
MySQL version: 5.5.38-0ubuntu0.12.04.1

Last edited by rtevyncke (2014-08-31 16:15:34)

#2 2014-10-21 18:41:40

rvelices
Former Piwigo Team
2005-12-29

Re: Problems with Internet Explorer 11 displaying thumbnails and pictures

I have already put this in modus (you should have <meta http-equiv=x-ua-compatible content="IE=edge">)...

However sometimes IE just doesn't care. If you have a better idea, I'm all ears but I gave up... Not only it does not respect any standard, but it does not respect what it says it respects ...

#3 2015-06-22 15:43:33

Alexander Tkachev

Re: Problems with Internet Explorer 11 displaying thumbnails and pictures

Hello,

My Piwigo version: 2.7.4 also has this problem. Could you help me to resolve it with elegant theme? I don't exactly understand where I have to add <meta> tag.

Thank you in advance,
Alexander

•  » Themes
  •  » Problems with Internet Explorer 11 displaying thumbnails and pictures

Board footer