Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » PayPal Shopping Cart - improve functionality??? how?/request

#1 2015-01-30 23:12:20

Kris
2015-01-30

PayPal Shopping Cart - improve functionality??? how?/request

Hello,

I am new to Piwigo and it all works great. I am familiar with other Image Galleries and this one beats them all.

The Paypal shopping cart functionality works as well, great. However, I am looking for a little more functions here. Five things:

1)
My photos are fine art (I hope) and as such I have a number of them which are limited editions. i.e. only 5 or 8 to be printed and sold. The Paypal shopping cart functionality lacks in that I am not able to set a limited stock amount. I am looking for a function where I can set stock levels to a limited amount or unlimited stock per each specific photo. I know that Paypal can confirm a transaction and that other systems can then deduct stock by one.

2)
And I am also not selling by the print size but by each unique photo. I am partially fixing this by listing prices using the size box to give the title of the photo. However, it would be less confusing for the buyer to directly see the specific price with each specific photo. As such I would like to see a function where prices are assigned/linked to the photo. I think this is possible without too much coding.

3)
A flat rate postage fee is of course easy. However, if you are trying to woo international customers you either overcharge domestic customers or loose money on international postage. I would like to see the possiblity to set up to 40 or 50 postal services and rates. That way you can enter several services and have space to differentiate per weight bands as well.

4)
And with the postage system like that someone could also add a "Pick Up" service charged at 0.00 of your currency.

5)
Last but not least. Paypal is great to get access to a larger customer base. However, they do charge enough fees for their banking services. I would like to see an option for the customer to choose to pay by bank transfer. Admin to set bank details and have that send in an order confirmation email. (item will not be shipped/available until payment has been fully cleared)

Can all, or some, of the above already be done?
How, by changing or additional coding, or by another plugin, or...???

If it can't be done by myself through plugins or minor coding adjustments, can someone improve the PayPal Shopping Cart plugin? What time frame?

I am familiar with manipulating coding by looking at the code, other examples, etc. However, I am not a programmer and wouldn't know how to write such code for this plugin. So I do need your suggestion or help. And please let me (us all) how you think about such features, implementation etc.

Thank you very much.

Piwigo version: 2.7.3
PHP version: 5.2.17
MySQL version: 5.5.40-36.1-log
Piwigo URL: http://piwigo.org

Last edited by Kris (2015-01-30 23:12:59)

#2 2015-01-31 00:10:09

sport
2014-03-16

Re: PayPal Shopping Cart - improve functionality??? how?/request

MyPiwiShop does have some extra option, but is far from perfect.
http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.ph … 81#rev4981

#3 2015-01-31 10:34:19

Kris
2015-01-30

Re: PayPal Shopping Cart - improve functionality??? how?/request

Thank you for that suggestion.

MyPiwiShop has only been rated 5 times and is an average 3. It is also not in my "Other Plugins Available" list from within the website/software.

Since this is used for payments etc I just need to know that it is safe to use. I need to know that it doesn't copy and relay the payments details to third parties etc.

Can anyone objectively advise me if this is secure and I should give this a try?

Thank you,

Kris

•  » Extensions
  •  » PayPal Shopping Cart - improve functionality??? how?/request

Board footer