Announcement

  •  » Themes
  •  » [Theme] Bootstrap Default - changes to link (icon) and background

#1 2015-11-11 23:28:38

davidedwardsphotos
Member
Melbourne
2015-11-11
12

[Theme] Bootstrap Default - changes to link (icon) and background

Hi,

I'm new to piwigo and have just migrated from Gallery3. I'm very impressed with the Bootstrap Default theme.

I'd like to change the link text at the top to an icon and also add a background image.

I can't see in the configuration settings for the theme anywhere to change this (other than in the custom css field).

Before I go hacking into the 1o5ckw7.css file I wanted to understand the implications. Is there a forum or guide somewhere on how to (safely) modify the theme? Are there implications on functionality or upgrades if I hack the css directly, or should it all go in the custom css field?

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
PHP version: 5.4.43
MySQL version: 5.5.42-37.1
Piwigo URL: http://davidedwardsphotos.com/photos-p

Offline

 

#2 2015-11-12 08:04:43

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27
3277

Re: [Theme] Bootstrap Default - changes to link (icon) and background

Offline

 

#3 2016-01-14 08:29:48

philb
Member
2014-07-22
30

Re: [Theme] Bootstrap Default - changes to link (icon) and background

davidedwardsphotos wrote:

Is there a forum or guide somewhere on how to (safely) modify the theme?

The easiest way is to add CSS in the admin, if you go to themes there should be a "Configuration" link on the theme.

This CSS should be loaded last, hence you should be able to modify anything in theory.

If for some reason that doesn't work you could either:

1. Create a child theme (best option, more work)
2. Modify the theme code (wouldn't recommend as it may complicate getting updates, or updates will overwrite your changes, but if you have problems with the alternative it might be the way to go)

Offline

 

#4 2016-01-14 11:29:31

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13795

Re: [Theme] Bootstrap Default - changes to link (icon) and background

philb wrote:

davidedwardsphotos wrote:

Is there a forum or guide somewhere on how to (safely) modify the theme?

The easiest way is to add CSS in the admin, if you go to themes there should be a "Configuration" link on the theme.

Why not using LocalFiles Editor, tab CSS? This is the standard way to have custom CSS.

Offline

 

#5 2016-01-14 22:41:57

philb
Member
2014-07-22
30

Re: [Theme] Bootstrap Default - changes to link (icon) and background

plg wrote:

philb wrote:

davidedwardsphotos wrote:

Is there a forum or guide somewhere on how to (safely) modify the theme?

The easiest way is to add CSS in the admin, if you go to themes there should be a "Configuration" link on the theme.

Why not using LocalFiles Editor, tab CSS? This is the standard way to have custom CSS.

Never used that before, but that also seems to work :)

Offline

 
  •  » Themes
  •  » [Theme] Bootstrap Default - changes to link (icon) and background

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

github twitter newsletter Donate Piwigo.org © 2002-2024 · Contact