Announcement

#1 2016-03-18 13:22:42

daveT
2016-03-18

Please correct my coding - footer on Stripped

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

My coding ability is spotty at best but I can usually fumble around and screw things up pretty good.

I'm working with the Stripped theme (davetimages.com) and noticed "Contact webmaster" only appeared in the lower right when I was logged in as administrator. As administrator, I don't need to contact the webmaster ... :)

So poking around a bit, I found the appropriate section of code in file "footer.tpl" in <Themes\Stripped\Template>. Since I want "contact daveTimages" rather than "Contact webmaster", I added:

{'Contact'|@translate}
<a href="mailto:admin@davetimages.com?subject=A%20comment%20on%20your%20site">daveTimages </a>

to lines 49 and 50 of footer.tpl - just ahead of the "powered by Piwigo" snippet

This works as I desire (so far) but I suspect it's not the "approved" method.

Can someone inform me of >how< I should have accomplished this?

Adding $lang code in local file editor didn't seem to do the trick - it looks like the raw code for "contact webmaster" other than for Admin is missing from Stripped - perhaps on purpose.
Didn't care for the PersoFooter option either ...

Thank y'all up front ...

Piwigo version: latest
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://davetimages.com

#2 2016-03-19 11:27:41

deheme
France
2014-12-12

Re: Please correct my coding - footer on Stripped

Hello Dave,

Did you have a look to perso footer?

I use it, it is really very simple.

Enjoy!
DéHème

#3 2016-03-19 17:03:11

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Hello

Use Localfiles Editor to change the translation

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#4 2016-03-21 17:48:49

daveT
2016-03-18

Thank you for your replies, but I don't care for the PersoFooter positioning in this case and re-defining via $lang in LFE didn't seem to do the trick.

If the core code for "contact webmaster" other than for Admin is missing from Stripped, changing the $lang wouldn't do anything as I understand it (redefining $lang did work using "Elegant"). But I'm by no means an expert coder, that world and I separated about the time of K&R's 1st edition.

I'm happy the way it is; until my coding improves, I'll leave it this way and re-modify any new upgrades the template may receive.

Thanks again.

D

Board footer