Announcement

#1 2018-08-26 19:54:05

bb1bsc
2018-08-26

Virtual Album - Deleted images in Upload still displayed as thumbnails

Hi

I have uploaded pics from the IOS app, Subsequently i have deleted some pics from the Pwigo "Upload" location on the physical drive (I used a commercial image duplicate finder and cleaner)

What i was expecting:-
I had anticipated the deletion would mean the next time i opened the gallery the deleted images will not be listed.

What actually happened:-
The Thumbnail still appeared, When i clicked the thumbnail an Exclamation mark is displayed, If i try to download the file the following error is displayed.
"Requested file not found - ././upload/2018/05/11/20180511084825-c12401ec.jpg"

Other steps i have taken to solve the problem:-

I have since deleted the thumbnails and tried to regenerate the thumbnails for the virtual album via the Batch manager and still the reference to the deleted file exists.

Re-ran Synchronisation for the virtual album via the Albums admin menu
Re-ran Get Metadat via the Batch Menu
Used the Maintenance tools menu and tried to update photos and albums, Nothing occured when i clicked both options.

Replication steps:
1: Create a Virtual Album via the IOS App.
2: Upload some pictures files via the IOS App to a Virtual Album.
3: View the files on the Website.
4: Open the Piwigo\Uploads location via a file manager software
5: Delete the recently uploaded file.
6: Open the website and you should still see the Image thumbnail but will be unable to download it.

The Below is a guess (Assumption)
I don't think this happens if we use the Piwigo FTP and Synchronisation approach. the galleries location is scanned and any deleted files are removed from the database and subsequently not listed but i don't think the synchronization process looks at the Uploads location ?

Piwigo 2.9.4
Operating system: WINNT
PHP: 5.6.4 (Show info) [2018-08-26 18:53:32]
MySQL: 5.6.22-log [2018-08-26 18:53:32]
Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.8.6-8

#2 2018-08-28 14:13:32

windracer
St. Pete, FL
2014-12-28

Re: Virtual Album - Deleted images in Upload still displayed as thumbnails

You're correct that the synchronization process does not look at the uploads folder. What you've done is delete files from the file system, but in your Piwigo database the references to those photos still exist. I don't use a lot of virtual albums so I'm not sure but I would think one of the options under Maintenance would fix this?

Worse case you could find the related rows in the 'images' table in your Piwigo database and delete them. Going forward, I would think you should remove the photos through Piwigo if you're using virtual albums.

#3 2018-08-31 18:49:00

bb1bsc
2018-08-26

Re: Virtual Album - Deleted images in Upload still displayed as thumbnails

Thanks windracer.

Maintenance did not resolve the problem (Tried all the flags), What i did was to manually go to each image and delete the photo from the pwigo interface (Painful).

This corrects the database record for those pictures. Luckily i did not delete too many from the Upload section.

What might be a good suggestion is a option on the batch manager to

A) Re-sync Upload folder

or

B) Introduce a filter to search for all Images without Thumbnails and batch delete them all.

I like the upload function due to the IOS App, Its removed my need for Icloud previosuly i was more akin to physical albums.

Board footer