Announcement

#1 2019-10-21 00:56:12

2otherjobs
2014-07-14

php error after upgrade to 2.10

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I self host using FreeBSD.  Three problems: 

1) After downloading and installing 2.10, I get the following error:

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /usr/local/www/piwigo/include/functions_category.inc.php on line 125

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /usr/local/www/piwigo/include/functions_category.inc.php on line 126. 

I exported my mysql database from mariadb-server 103 using phpMyAdmin and piwigo 2.95, with php72 and then imported it after setting up nginx, php, piwigo and MySQL.  I ran update.php as requested by the webpage.

2)Also, weird problem:  The first 1400 pictures (total of 3500) appear in the gallery but the rest do not.  Their albums and subalbums are present, and each picture has a triangle warning icon with its name beneath.  But the pictures themselves are not available through the website.  I can navigate to them on the harddrive.

3)I have trouble staying logged in.  I submit my login credentials and can get to the gallery.  Then when i select an album or other menu item, I get kicked out.  All I have to do is refresh the browser to get to the page I wanted.

Piwigo version: 2.10.1
PHP version: 7.4
MySQL version: 8.0
Piwigo URL: https://photos.tgbartlett.net

I have exactly the same website with pictures working properly using mariadb-server103, php72 and piwigo2.95.  (Different server and url).

Any takers?  Thanks in advance.

#2 2019-10-26 02:00:02

2otherjobs
2014-07-14

Re: php error after upgrade to 2.10

OK.  I have begun to figure out answers to my own questions.  I had tried php7.4, and rolled back to php7.3.  That solved my first and third problem.  The second problem was self-inflicted - fstab error from the freebsd jail to the photo archive.  Now fixed as well.

Freebsd installation: 
  php73
  piwigo 2.95
  nginx
  mysql80-server and client

Create a jail with iocage.  Then use pkg installation to install php73, php73-extensions, mysql80-server, nginx:
     pkg install php73 php73-extensions mysql80-server nginx portmaster
The freebsd package for piwigo installs php72, which will become deprecated more quickly than php73.  So I use portmaster to avoid the port rolling back to php72:
     portmaster www/piwigo

This takes awhile but keeps php73, and installs piwigo 2.95.  You can then download 2.10 if you choose and drop it into /usr/local/www/piwigo.  I have decided not to move forward until the freebsd depository creates a pkg or port using 2.10.

The location of the piwigo photo storage can be in the iocage jail or on a separate archive.  I use the fstab mechanism to mount the external photo archive in the jail.  One can then use ln -s to connect the jail mounted archive to the upload directory in /usr/local/www/piwigo

Create an appropriate nginx virtual host.

Create a mysql database, eg piwigodb (leave it empty) and user with rights to the directory.  Navigate to your piwigo webpage and follow the setup instructions.

This works.  The details can be searched out on the internet and are straightforward,

Board footer