Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Suggestion: Include installed plugins in the "Other plugins available"

#1 2020-10-28 04:07:58

piwent
2020-10-24

Suggestion: Include installed plugins in the "Other plugins available"

Hello!

OK, this falls clearly in the "idiot proofing" category.

Note: I am coming from a Wordpress background, so that influences what I expect.

Just now I wanted to install the Additional Pages plugin. So I tried searching for it in the "Other plugins available" section. Couldn't find it. Looked for it in the website repository. Found it there. Decided the only way to load it was by downloading it and uploading it to the plugin folder using FTP.

When I went to do that, I see that the folder already exists!

Turns out that someone on my team had installed it but hadn't activated it. I had looked in the list of active plugins, but didn't notice it in in the inactive plugin section.

I 100% understand the logic of not including either active or inactive plugins in the "Other plugins available" section. So nothing is actually broken.

Wordpress works differently. In the Add Plugin page, if you search for a plugin you already have installed, it appears in the results with a notification that says "Active". If it is installed but not active, then there is a button that says "Activate" instead of "install now".

Personally, I think the Wordpress UX is better. Just wanted to suggest this. I realize this may not be an easy fix.

•  » Requests
  •  » Suggestion: Include installed plugins in the "Other plugins available"

Board footer