Announcement

#1 2020-10-29 05:56:02

piwent
2020-10-24

Exclude tag/keyword in batch manager

Greetings,

Is there a way in the batch manager to add a filter for "without tag X"? I see a filter for "without tag/keyword", but when I add the filter for keyword, the only two options are All keywords and Any keyword.

For example, I want to add keyword Blue to a bunch of images. But those images already tagged with blue I would like to exclude, because obviously they don't need to be tagged. I realize that I could just re-tag them, but that's lots of work, especially if there are hundreds already tagged and only a few that still need the tag.

If this isn't already a feature in core or with an existing plugin, how difficult would that coding be?

#2 2020-10-29 06:45:57

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Exclude tag/keyword in batch manager

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2020-10-29 08:19:39

piwent
2020-10-24

@ddtddt

Hello! Can you actually get that functionality with that plugin? Because I had already tried it and I can't see an option for excluding keywords. Right now in the Predefined I only see without keywords and with keywords. But there are no settings for that. So it just shows images without any keywords or images that do have keywords.

#4 2020-10-29 08:42:29

executive
2017-08-16

1. Use batch manager and filters to define your initial set of photos
2. Select the photos, and use action menu to add the photos to basket
3. Use "basket" menu to open basket
4. Use filters to define your subset of photos that you want to exclude (eg keyword "blue")
5. Select the photos and use action menu to "remove from basket"

Last edited by executive (2020-10-29 08:43:08)

#5 2020-10-29 08:58:22

piwent
2020-10-24

executive wrote:

1. Use batch manager and filters to define your initial set of photos
2. Select the photos, and use action menu to add the photos to basket
3. Use "basket" menu to open basket
4. Use filters to define your subset of photos that you want to exclude (eg keyword "blue")
5. Select the photos and use action menu to "remove from basket"

That's simultaneously brilliant and ridiculous. :-)

So I have my answer, it is possible. Thank you.

Now I wonder how difficult it would be to code a more straightforward exclusion filter.

Board footer