Announcement

#1 2021-04-30 15:51:10

remartin
Piwigo Team
2021-04-30

Piwigo NG for Android

Today we release a new Android mobile application for Piwigo. This is not a new version of the current official Piwigo app for Android, it's another app, with different technology. We use the Flutter framework. It's an alpha version, very basic and certainly full of bugs. We release it so that you, beta-testers in Piwigo community, can give it a try and give us your feedback :-)

The idea is to mimic the more mature and robust iOS app. Same design, same features. That's the goal, not reached for now.

https://piwigo.org/screenshots/newsletter/20210430-piwigo-ng-android.png

This new app is called Piwigo² in your app list. We also have Piwigo NG (Next Generation) in the possibilities. We'll see... Installation instructions are given on repository home page.

Where to give us feedback? The best place to report a specific problem is on Github. If you just want to say "good work, very promising" you can reply in this announcement.

#2 2021-05-04 13:00:10

Bogdan Hlevca

Re: Piwigo NG for Android

It is not available yet on google play.

#3 2021-05-04 14:04:14

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Bogdan Hlevca wrote:

It is not available yet on google play.

Indeed. The install instructions (available on repository homepage) tells you to download the APK on your Android phone.

#4 2021-05-04 22:15:17

deljones
2012-09-06

Downloaded the apk today and successfully installed Piwigo2...

At last, an Android app to match or even beat the iOS version. A job well done to the team, a fantastic start. Looks great. The connection was quick and looking through the albums and photos was quite snappy. (550 photos for now)

Here are my observations on this version so far on a Galaxy A50, the latest Android.

When creating a new album the create album dialogue box does not disappear, however, the new album does get created as I discovered when I kept pressing to confirm, I had about 15 new albums called "test". The dialog of course needs to disappear. You do get a message at the bottom confirming the creation of the album, however.
Couldn't get the search function to work. Even typing in a known full file name didn't return anything.
That's it for me. I will keep testing until I break something! Waiting for more functionality. Bring it on.

Good job

Dj

Board footer