Announcement

#1 2021-05-01 08:50:11

Aderalia
2019-03-04

Add more than one Tag at a time

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I was wondering if there is a way to add more than one tag to a photo (or video in my case) at a time.

If you enter a tag it gets looked up as you type, meaning that two tags will be interpreted as a "new" tag rather than adding the two already existing one, for example: "Location|Munich" and "Location|Germany" are two separate tags, when entered via copy paste it will enter  "Location|Munich; Location|Germany" as a new tag. I have tried all the characters that usually are being used to separate tags in other software but had no luck.
Since Piwigo refused to even try and read xmp metadata i cant import them like you could with a photo containing IPTC Keywords.

Do i really have to add each and every tag individually or am i missing something?

#2 2021-05-01 10:46:55

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: Add more than one Tag at a time

Adding tags manually while pasting doesn't seem to accept a separator.

But the good news is that reading XMP tags works with this little plugin from [Forum, topic 25709] Plugin to import XMP tags as Piwigo keywords.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2021-05-02 08:52:03

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

Re: Add more than one Tag at a time

Aderalia wrote:

I was wondering if there is a way to add more than one tag to a photo (or video in my case) at a time.

Yes it can be done but not so easily. Piwigo use jquery plugin selectize
to manage list with a better user experience. But Piwigo does not use the last available release. Piwigo use release 0.11.2 and the last one is 0.12.4. The release 0.12.3 fix a bug in that plugin that prevents you from pasting multiple tags at a time :

v0.12.3
Stop creating items automatically when text is pasted, only create
them when pasted text contains delimiter.

@see : https://github.com/selectize/selectize. … ag/v0.12.3

To solve your problem, create an issue and if you want/can make a pull request.

Board footer