Announcement

#1 2021-07-27 11:22:19

Eddejessup
2020-07-01

Trying to solve two big problems

Hi Piwigoers

Been a while, and in all honesty haven't looked into Piwigo for a while. An admin was running the gallery, they're now ill and I have to take over.

There's about 8000 plus items in the "basket", can I clear that? Will it break anything?

As an admin, it's showing about 10,000 pictures in "my album" can I fix that?

There's several hundred orphans, a lot of which are broken images. If I remove these orphans will it remove from anyones album?

Lastly, I have an album with sub albums belonging to a User, all the other albums show up as the username first. Theirs just shows a list of their pics. How can I get it so it shows their name first?

Thanks for any help/advice

Last edited by Eddejessup (2021-07-27 11:27:24)

#2 2021-07-28 13:00:21

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: Trying to solve two big problems

Eddejessup wrote:

There's about 8000 plus items in the "basket", can I clear that? Will it break anything?

If you're talking of the basket in Photos -> Batch Manager then yes, you can empty that, it won't break anything. It's the current basket of images that if selected would be worked on with a batch action.

As an admin, it's showing about 10,000 pictures in "my album" can I fix that?

What is to "fix" there? You can remove them from the album if that is your wish.

There's several hundred orphans, a lot of which are broken images. If I remove these orphans will it remove from anyones album?

Orphans are images not assigned to any album. If you delete them they are gone.

Lastly, I have an album with sub albums belonging to a User, all the other albums show up as the username first. Theirs just shows a list of their pics. How can I get it so it shows their name first?

Hard to say without knowing what exactly you encounter (whatever "just shows a list of their pics" might mean, that's what an album does, isn't it?) and want (what is "show up as the username first"?), but I guess you could create such user name album and move the sub album in question there. But I may have completely misunderstood.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2021-07-28 20:20:26

Eddejessup
2020-07-01

Re: Trying to solve two big problems

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Basket - Got you, as I say it's been a while. Emptied ok.

My album with the 10,000 pics

"what is to fix there" - I didn't have 10,000 pics in my album before, didn't know how that had happened. I didn't know if removing them would break any other members albums if somehow they'd become linked.

Thanks for info re-orphans, a lot looked like duplicates from existing albums, again, no idea how they'd got there.

As for last point, yes all albums are named after the user account, this one wasn't for some reason, despite permissions and set up being the same. Since this upgrade am struggling to find my way round the admin interface again. I'll create another album with their name, set it as their top level album and as you say and move this other one in.

Technical things are hard to explain sometimes, I don't use PWG regularly enough to know the terms or methods fully. Thing is, it was ok before, it looked like something had happened to create these anomalies.

Board footer