Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Simple configuration page for Piwigo.com

#1 2022-12-15 09:39:46

tkrr
2022-12-15

Simple configuration page for Piwigo.com

Hello,

On the About page of the .com site, Piwigo states: " Piwigo.com, an all-inclusive service, was launched in 2010.  Its goal was to bring Piwigo to more users by removing the technical barriers to installation and maintenance."

I am a new user of Piwigo.com with (very limited) experience with site builders and some basic HTML. I want to store private albums and send share links to family and friends, so they can watch the albums in slideshows.

I have several reasons to choose Piwigo: open source, EU hosting, slideshow, privacy, value for money. I also like the configurability, but I find it a bit confusing and am still figuring it out. I'm sure I will manage, with forum and support.

However, I would also like to promote Piwigo.com to my less tech-savvy family and friends, but I know a lot of them will be daunted by all the options and they'll stay with their "free" (as in we-spy-on-everything-you-do) providers.

Wouldn't it be possible to make a default simple configuration page which handles all the settings through some simple questions (e.g. "Do you want a private site or public site?") and a Reset to Defaults button (with confirmation dialogue).

By the way, I think Private Site should be a default, and Public should be a choice made by the user as to not accidentally expose photos. All exotic configuration options could be under a special Advanced Configuration button.

Kind regards, tkrr

Last edited by tkrr (2022-12-15 09:42:43)

•  » Requests
  •  » Simple configuration page for Piwigo.com

Board footer