Announcement

#1 2023-04-14 22:52:12

grampton
2021-01-22

HTTP ERROR 500 after clicking "Start installation"

Howdy!

What a wonderful community!

My installation isn't the standard instructions listed on this site. Instead, I'm following the instructions found here: https://mariushosting.com/how-to-instal … ology-nas/

I'm attempting to install Piwigo v13.6.0 but after clicking "Start installation" I get an HTTP ERROR 500. Trying to access the admin.php page afterwards just redirects me to the install.php page, of course.

I follow the instructions provided at the link above exactly and get the ERROR 500 over and over again. I've contacted Marius who provided the instructions above and have followed some additional steps he provided me to clean my portainer and docker installs, but I still get the same error.

I have searched these forums and found a similar error from someone reporting back in January, but the situation doesn't match mine as his error is different than mine.

Has anyone else here installed Piwigo via this method and who might be able to shed some light on what I'm running into here?

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

#2 2023-11-18 08:22:40

kirsen
2023-11-18

Re: HTTP ERROR 500 after clicking "Start installation"

For me, it took 1/2 year to figure out whats wrong.  I started installing piwigo and database on docker long time ago, I had several attempts, which all ended with 500 on install. but today I've manage to install it properly. So couple tips from me:

- there is no error log on docker terminal
- logs are not inside container, they are located in mounted config directory
- 500 means that you cannot connect to database (WHY THERE IS NO ERROR PAGE!!!)

- when you fill your connection data on install page your hostname should not be "localhost" but it has to be service name of your database docker instance.

#3 2023-11-20 04:58:45

ITNavigate
2023-02-18

Re: HTTP ERROR 500 after clicking "Start installation"

Just to be pedantic:

- when you fill your connection data on install page your hostname should not be "localhost" but it has to be the container_name for your db service.

From this snippet:
-----
version: '3'

services:
  db:
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/mariadb:latest
    container_name: piwigo_db
    restart: unless-stopped
    environment:
blah, blah, blah ...

my hostname needs to be "piwigo_db", not "localhost" and not the service name ("db")

Board footer