I have noticed a few Zero Byte files in the _data/i/galleries folders. I only noticed it after I spotted a broken image in a gallery so I tried a Shift+F5 with no change. I deleted the files and then it regenerated fine.
I am not sure if its going to be a common fault on my setup but it might be looking into a option for maintenance to look for 0KB files or ask i.php to check if a file is >0KB
thx for your feedback. I've notified the author of that part of the code
normally a 0 kb situation has been seen when using old versions of external imagick.
I suspect that 0kb was in this case, than you changed either to gd or commented out some parts of the code as indicated somewhere else on this forum. If this is the case, the issue will probably be corrected in 2.4.1
I haven't commentated out any of the php, and I am using;
Operating system: Linux
Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.2.8
The issue could be that I am on one of the virtual web servers and suffers quite a bit. Often when trying to sync I get 503 errors.