Announcement

#1 2012-07-19 15:59:47

Tadjio
UK
2012-05-02

Manage photo ranks and Defaults

After I upgraded to v2.4, my "Default Photos Order" in Configuration Options starts with: "Manual Sort Order".

What is the purpose of this coming first? (followed by Date Created, File Name etc.)

Surely it would be over-ridden for any Album that has its own "Manage photo ranks" set as "manual order"?

Tadjio

#2 2012-07-19 17:59:38

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Manage photo ranks and Defaults

Tadjio wrote:

After I upgraded to v2.4, my "Default Photos Order" in Configuration Options starts with: "Manual Sort Order".

What is the purpose of this coming first? (followed by Date Created, File Name etc.)

This is the default configuration on Piwigo.com until version 2.3 and it was not modified when upgrade on Piwigo 2.4 (on purpose).

It just means that by default in an album, photos are displayed with their manual order.

Tadjio wrote:

Surely it would be over-ridden for any Album that has its own "Manage photo ranks" set as "manual order"?

The default setting is over-ridden as soon as you either check "manual order" or "automatic order" on the "Manage photo ranks" tab of your album administration screen.

#3 2012-07-19 19:30:19

Tadjio
UK
2012-05-02

Re: Manage photo ranks and Defaults

Thanks for the explanation.

I suggest you change the wording in the Configuration Options from "Manual sort order" to be "Sort order over-ride" or something like that to convey the fact that someone has gone to the "Manage photo ranks" screen and over-ridden the default sort order by either a Manual sort order or an Automatic sort order! (2.4.2?)

Does this mean that if I took out the "Manual sort order" at the top of the list, then the "Sort-order over-ride" would not have any effect after that?

Finally, I suggest (2.4.2 again) that you change the heading "Manage photo ranks" to be "Manage photos order" or even possibly "Sort-order over-ride"?  ;)

Tadjio

Board footer