Announcement

#1 2012-05-24 04:34:23

Megan

HTTP Error (401) attempting image upload

I installed piwigo a few days ago and it works great in general, and I can upload one picture at a time using the browser upload, but any time I try to use the flash version of the upload in order to do several images at once I get the following error:

IMG_0298.JPG, HTTP Error (401)

It happens with one or multiple images, and I've tried it in both firefox and safari so I don't think it's a browser issue, though I guess it still could be.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is it related to my machine - a Mac OS X - or possibly something with my web hosting service?  When I look up that error it is supposed to be a Windows error so the fact that I'm seeing it on a Mac is confusing.

Thanks!

#2 2013-01-01 15:15:10

Gus Kahwati

Re: HTTP Error (401) attempting image upload

I have the same problem. I get the same 401 error when I try to upload picture/s. I am using a Mac with Mountain Lion, the server run on Apache
Can someone help. Can I upload pictures using ftp? if som where can I go to find instructions.

#3 2013-01-01 16:23:27

pewe
2012-03-16

Not sure why you get a problem uploading photos, but for ftp upload

Read this

http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … management

then this

http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=pwg24 … ture&s[]=ftp

- Search is your friend ;-)

#4 2014-04-13 21:57:14

kjus

I've just had the same problem in v. 2.6.2.

It happened when I was uploading photos and the computer was shut down (by accident) and then woken up.

I had to delete the domain cookies to get rid of the error.

#5 2014-05-05 19:58:12

Kerry

This appears to happen when your entire directory is password protected (e.g., through an .htaccess file). The browser remembers the credentials from the one-time login but the Flash plugin can't access this information. I'm not sure if there is a workaround to get the Flash uploader to work.

#6 2014-05-12 17:01:56

Clemens E

Kerry wrote:

This appears to happen when your entire directory is password protected (e.g., through an .htaccess file). The browser remembers the credentials from the one-time login but the Flash plugin can't access this information. I'm not sure if there is a workaround to get the Flash uploader to work.

A workaround could be to bypass the password protection for the file which is called by the Flash uploader. Try to create a .htaccess file in the folder piwigo/admin/include/uploadify with the following content:

Code:

<Files uploadify.php>
        Satisfy Any
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        Deny from none
</Files>

Board footer