Announcement

#16 2014-10-09 14:47:25

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Unable to get permissions correct :(

Hi,

outlaw84, let me just say that you're not the only one to get confused between permissions on photos and permissions on albums. As said by flop25, use plugin Take a Tour and the "Privacy" tour to have a better understanding of the system. We also plan to make permissions simpler in next versions of Piwigo.

#17 2014-10-09 15:12:38

outlaw84
2014-10-09

Re: Unable to get permissions correct :(

plg wrote:

Hi,

outlaw84, let me just say that you're not the only one to get confused between permissions on photos and permissions on albums. As said by flop25, use plugin Take a Tour and the "Privacy" tour to have a better understanding of the system. We also plan to make permissions simpler in next versions of Piwigo.

Thanks for the feedback and help.

I think my problem was more the difference between permissions and privacy level, moreover where I can edit privacy level ("who can see this photo/album").

Is there any special reason that the privacy setting is not visible under the album permission tab?
It just feels wrong that I go into Administration -> Albums -> Manage -> Select an album, go to the permissions tab and don't see all relevant permission settings. Perhaps you have a good reason for this, that is just not obvious, if not I would like to make a feature request for this.

Otherwise I am really happy with piwigo and now that I understand it, it works like I wanted to :)
I specially like how the album works "out-of-the-box" on both desktop and phone. Great work with the tour too, it is really nice and I am sure you spent a lot of time developing it, but people are lazy :) I did browse through the tour but did not read it as good as I should have.

Board footer