Announcement

#1 2014-11-17 16:39:05

Kevin Nolan

Love the App - Need Help on tweeking the Ratings

Greetings,
I have created a contest for photos and videos using Piwigo - what I consider to be the best and most extensible application for photo management.

My question is about the rating system since my usage is for the purposes of a contest.   I would like to achieve the following:

- Give users the ability to rate photos from within the Album view, instead of having to drill down to the photo detail view.   For example, displaying the rating stars underneath the photo name on the bottom overlay of each photo in the album.

- Give users the ability to rate photos my index page at gorge.rocks.   Even though the installation is at gorge.rocks/contest, it seems there should be a way to rate that photo with a little php trickery.   

I myself am better at html/js but can get my way around the php & database if given instructions.   So far when I've tried to insert the rating form onto the category page it does not work correctly.  Please let me know if this is possible and if so give some guidance.  (So far, my only idea for a workaround is an iframe or jQuery $.get but this seems a bit hacky and I do not think it would work.)   

Many, many thanks.   Keep up the exemplary work!

Operating system: Linux
Graphics Library: GD bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
Piwigo version: 2.7.1
PHP version: 5.3.3
MySQL version: 5.1.73
Piwigo URL: http://contest.gorge.rocks

Board footer