Announcement

#1 2014-11-25 04:59:48

ssnake
2014-10-22

ploader and corruption

Hi,

So I've been trying to upload a bunch of photos, and firstly, the album navigation webside is weird. It'd be nice to have a linktree. I looked into ploader and I liked it. Minimal, yet it could upload and even resize my high res photos for gallery upload, then the problems started.

*I noticed that it will refuse to display an error or refuse to display categories if there's a category error, asking to create the first category. Thankfully, "Repair and optimize database" in the maintenance section fixed that for me and now all display correctly.

*You cannot delete a category from within ploader, which is pretty lame when it sometimes creates categories in the wrong place. Clicking the parent category immediately prior to creating seems to solve this. Focus loss issue perhaps?

*It sometimes refuses to allow you to add more photos despite selecting them all in a folder. It will sometimes allow you to add more if you hit the + button again. I've not tested enough to know if it's a set number of files it doesn't like or other issue.

*Finally, the part the drove me over the edge is that I accidentally tried to add more files via the + button without closing the upload dialog box and it caused ploader's upload box to not respond. Closing that box, I was unable to add more files to the category in any way possible after that and now after closing the program it will allow me to get the login box, but will crash instantly and go no further. Using a fresh copy does not solve the issue.

It's possible it may have screwed up something in the database which, as shown in my first point, causes ploader to crash or work incorrectly without error.

Piwigo version: 2.7.2
PHP version: 5.3.4
MySQL version: 5.1.53-community-log
pLoader version: 1.6 win

Last edited by ssnake (2014-11-25 05:01:16)

Board footer