Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » Smart Pocket and template extensions

#1 2015-01-09 23:36:10

windracer
St. Pete, FL
2014-12-28

Smart Pocket and template extensions

I'm having an issue trying to use template extensions with the Smart Pocket mobile theme. I'm still learning PWG and how to override stuff with templates, so it could just be me. :-)

I've made copies of the menubar_menu.tpl, menubar_categories.tpl, and menubar_specials.tpl files from the Smart Pocket theme so I can customize them. I put them under the template-extensions folder, made my changes, and activated those changes for the theme under Administation > Configuration > Templates.

After doing that, though, the theme behaves strangely (for example, I get multiple "Albums" items on the pop-out menu. If I make my changes directly in the theme's .tpl files (instead of using template extensions) my changes work as expected.

So is there something special I need to do to get template-extensions to work properly with this theme? Thanks!

Piwigo version: 2.7.3
PHP version:  5.5.12-2ubuntu4.1
MySQL version: 5.5.40-0ubuntu1

#2 2015-05-13 21:28:07

Kmar

Re: Smart Pocket and template extensions

Hi, I can confirm this behavior.

Overriding the Smart Pocket theme's template files index.tpl and footer.tpl using Admin -> Configuration -> Templates works fine.

Attempting to override menubar_specials.tpl with an identical copy from the theme results in the Specials menu being replaced with a second copy of the Albums menu.

If I attempt to override menubar_menu.tpl with my copy of menubar_specials, this behaves as expected -- "Menu" is replaced with a second copy of Specials.

I hypothesize the problem lies within the mapping of the modified templates to the original templates but I don't yet know where this code lives.

Best regards, Kevin

#3 2015-05-14 03:56:07

windracer
St. Pete, FL
2014-12-28

Re: Smart Pocket and template extensions

Glad it's (finally) not just me! ;-)

•  » Themes
  •  » Smart Pocket and template extensions

Board footer