Announcement

#46 2014-11-09 15:46:01

mmoy
France
2014-08-18

Re: [Plugin] Fotorama

Indeed, in both cases, allowing the action without page reload would be even better (as much as possible, with a fallback to old-style page-reloading for people navigating with NoScript or so).

#47 2014-12-27 11:07:00

photo_friend
Berlin
1970-01-01

Hi Everybody,

is there an solution for this topic? I would like to change in the admin backend the size of the photo which is used in Fotorama.

thanks a lot
Hagen

photo_friend wrote:

Hi,

To get the Fotorama photo always in the highest resolution, I have to change to lines of code. But with each update of the plugin, I have to change it again. Is it possible to implement a variable in the Fotorama backend to choose the size of the displayed photo? I use 4K (Ultra HD) screens and a high resolution is important for me.

Thanks again

$row['derivative'] = DerivativeImage::get_one('xxlarge', $row['src_image']);
$row['derivative_big'] = DerivativeImage::get_one('xxlarge', $row['src_image']);

#48 2015-01-13 00:49:19

h*ns
2015-01-11

Hi and thanks for nice Fotorama-Plugin!

Is there a possibility to start videojs-player directly from the fotorama-slide-show?

#49 2015-03-05 18:12:22

INTEGRATIONIST
2014-02-24

This is one of the nice plugins, that transforms a Piwigo gallery into something really interesting and good looking!

I recommend combining this with the "modus" theme, disable the silly user comments and other disturbing interface clutter like the disgusting default navigation thumbnails and voila - looks really like a wonderful pro wordpress site! Gratulation! Piwigo needs much more plugins like this or even better: should use things like this in it's default install. here we see some real commitment to quality and style!

I have a question, too: is there an issue traker for this great work? I see some minor issues, maybe it would be good to have this code on github, so we could resolve problems more easily?

Thanks for your attention!

#50 2015-05-31 23:26:09

croucrou
2014-10-13

Hello,

Thanks for this great plugin Fotorama, I really likes it very much.
I am using it with Piwigo 2.7.4 and theme Stripped Responsive.

I would find useful if during slideshow, we could see the description of the photos. I use descriptions to give explanation of the context of the photo, and so, without them, some slideshows loose some of their interest.
In my case, descriptions are often a short sentence or few words.

Is it possible to make them visible in one of the corner of the screen, or at the bottom of the picture ?

Thanks again for your work on this plugin !

Croucrou

#51 2015-10-14 22:23:44

mmoy
France
2014-08-18

Hi,

I already mentioned it, but this Fotorama plugin is really, really cool!

One little request: is it possible to have a "play/pause" button to start/stop automatic slideshow next to the "info", "full-screen" and "close" buttons?

Currently, there is such button when the slideshow is not running in full-screen (scroll the page to show the part of the webpage above the slideshow), but 1) it's hard to find for a non-geek visitor since it's hidden by default and 2) it's not accessible anymore when the slideshow runs full-screen. Having this play/pause button next to the "info" (bottom-right) or "full-screen" (top-right) would solve this problem.

Thanks,

#52 2015-10-25 13:21:08

TheDoc
2015-10-18

Hi,

I also like the look & feel of Fotorama. However, I have noticed two things about it (probably one one thing in two different Shapes):

- Doesn't allow to play videos (this has already been mentioned)

- For gpx tracks it doesn't show them as openstreetmap plugin does on single image view

So it might be that the plugin does only handle image extensions?

#53 2015-11-18 11:28:00

croucrou
2014-10-13

Following my previous message (below), I have seen a commit on GitHub that does exactly what I was dreaming of (see at https://github.com/Piwigo/Piwigo-Fotorama/pull/1)
I have tried this pull request in my Fotorama plugin without success (maybe I made mistakes in copying these modifications).

But anyway, I hope this pull request will be implemented soon !

Crou²

croucrou wrote:

Hello,

I would find useful if during slideshow, we could see the description of the photos. I use descriptions to give explanation of the context of the photo, and so, without them, some slideshows loose some of their interest.

Is it possible to make them visible in one of the corner of the screen, or at the bottom of the picture ?

Croucrou

Last edited by croucrou (2015-11-18 11:28:30)

#54 2016-01-30 19:51:25

patman
2016-01-24

photo_friend wrote:

Hi,

To get the Fotorama photo always in the highest resolution, I have to change to lines of code. But with each update of the plugin, I have to change it again. Is it possible to implement a variable in the Fotorama backend to choose the size of the displayed photo? I use 4K (Ultra HD) screens and a high resolution is important for me.

Thanks again

$row['derivative'] = DerivativeImage::get_one('xxlarge', $row['src_image']);
$row['derivative_big'] = DerivativeImage::get_one('xxlarge', $row['src_image']);

In case anyone else hits that (or anyone has a better suggestion), I had a similar situation, and was trying to modify Fotorama.

Instead, I solved this by modifying the sizes of the displayed images, via the Admin page -> Configuration -> Option, "Photo Sizes" tab; click "show details", and the click "edit" for each setting. (I also unset "XXS" - that's just a bit pointless to even have).

I increased all of the sizes to the default size of the next largest setting, and then set XXL to 2560 x 1440 (the size of my Thunderbolt monitor), but you could set that to 3840 × 2160 for a 4K monitor. The size settings should probably be larger by default.

Then just select XXL and run the slideshow.

-- Patrick

#55 2016-02-11 13:00:03

Semiocity
2015-08-06

Pleeeeaaaaase... :)

croucrou wrote:

Following my previous message (below), I have seen a commit on GitHub that does exactly what I was dreaming of (see at https://github.com/Piwigo/Piwigo-Fotorama/pull/1)
I have tried this pull request in my Fotorama plugin without success (maybe I made mistakes in copying these modifications).

But anyway, I hope this pull request will be implemented soon !

Crou²

croucrou wrote:

Hello,

Croucrou

#56 2016-02-22 19:57:40

ari
2014-11-05

plg wrote:

mmoy wrote:

I'm still getting a minor annoyance: when I activate "replace picture page", and then click the info button, I do get to the picture page, but some buttons bring me back to the Fotorama while they shouldn't:

- The "add to favorites" does its job, but goes back to the Fotorama immediately, I'd rather stay on the picture page.

For this specific problem, I think we should convert this link into an AJAX action.

mmoy wrote:

- The "show metadata" from [extension by maple] EXIF View loads the page picture.php?/N/category/M&metadata, but then the "metadata" argument is ignored, and I get to the Fotorama view. This makes [extension by maple] EXIF View unusable.

The "show metadata" button is not related to [extension by maple] EXIF View, it's a core feature. Exif View only makes the EXIF key/value more readable.

One more time, I wonder if the current ergonomy is the right one about showing/hiding metadata. Maybe it would be better to have a block with metadata and a javascript action to show/hide, with no page reload.

Anyway, for now, I will see if we can cleanly modify Piwigo core to avoid losing the "slideshow" GET parameter.

Just discovered the Modus theme + Fotorama (replace image page = swipe support on mobile) combination and I really like it.

What I am missing though is all the EXIF info that I used to get with Stripped. I got Fotorama to display the "info" icon that exits fotorama and goes to the 'normal' image page that does include the Exif info, but I would love to see Exif integrated into fotorama. So hereby goes a feature request :)

Board footer