Announcement

#1 2024-01-31 02:55:53

pecenco
2024-01-31

Error when trying to activate any plugins

Hi all,

Brand new user here. I've been trying on and off for a year or so to get Piwigo up and running, but I constantly get an error preventing me from activating plugins. I've ready through the old posts with similar issues (language file, esp.), but those seem to have been resolved in previous versions. I've not been able to activate any plugins since some incarnation of version 12. I updated to 13 about a year ago, gave up on it, then tried 14 a few days ago. When I click to activate any plugin, I get a pop-up error "an error occurred."

I've tried two different domains (one is technically a sub-domain of the other.) I'm not a coder, and know even less about SQL, etc, so I install using Softaculous in cPanel. I completely wiped my installation several times to try again, but the error persists.

I've opened the developer tools in Firefox, and noticed that I get a 403 error when trying to activate a plugin, but my skill set is so limited that I don't know where to go from there.  I'm happy to post additional info/logs if someone can direct me to what might help.

Environment

Piwigo 14.2.0 Check for upgrade
    Installed on 28 January 2024, 2 days ago
    Operating system: Linux
    PHP: 8.1.27 (Show info) [2024-01-31 01:39:41]
    MySQL: 10.0.38-MariaDB-cll-lve [2024-01-30 17:39:41]
    Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.9.10-68
    Cache size N/A   never calculated Refresh

Activated plugin list 0

No plugin activated

Piwigo URL: https://julianpecenco.com/piwigo/

Thanks,