Announcement

#1 2024-01-13 03:55:37

dfowlkes
2022-05-10

Only one small problem using ip6 only stack for Piwigo

Hello,

I have recently moved from a dual stack instance to an ip6 only instance at AWS (Amazon). I use Cloudflare Proxy to simulate ip4. 

Everything works fine except for one small detail.  I am no longer able to "check for an update".  I presume that is because the server being contacted for update information is an ip4 single stack device.  This probably also means that I cannot do a simple One Click upgrade.

What is the best way to do an upgrade manually?

Many thanks for any assistance,
dfowlkes

PS Android Piwigo NG and the beta test Piwigo iOS on iPad perform well on this system.

Piwigo 14.1.0 Check for upgrade
Installed on 4 February 2021, 2 years 11 months 1 week 1 day ago
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 8.0.30 (Show info) [2024-01-13 10:45:43]
MySQL: 8.0.35-0ubuntu0.22.04.1 [2024-01-13 10:45:43]
Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.9.11-60
Cache size 2253.64 MB

Piwigo URL: https://photo.sucofa.com

#2 2024-03-18 00:47:01

ari
2014-11-05

Re: Only one small problem using ip6 only stack for Piwigo

Same here - Piwigo's update functionality broke after I transitioned my server (also AWS) to IPv6 only.

In my case, I fully migrated to IPv6 with no IPv4 support at all. Everything works fine from the visitor perspective with the gallery; only two things broke in the Admin panel:
- the software updates. Visiting Tools > Updates in the admin panel simply times out, no content displayed.
- The "Dashboard" also times out unfortunately - nothing displays.

This is most likely a piwigo infrastructure-side problem, the breakage will go away when piwigo infra is upgraded to dual-stack.

@Piwigo devs could you please add IPv6-only support to your infrastructure? The world started moving to IPv5 15 years ago and some of us are transitioning now. Now AWS charges for IPv4 use per month so I'm guessing more and more people will transition over time to IPv6 only, as they get their bills.

From the user perspective, her in Canada ISPs majorly support IPv6 and so do cellular providers, so the site is still totally accessible for the majority - this is OK for a personal blog/playground. Hoping Piwigo can catch up with the times.

Board footer