•  » Themes
  •  » Modus Theme, Drop down display issues

#1 2024-03-25 13:45:51

Michael High
Co. Offaly, Ireland
2022-12-15

Modus Theme, Drop down display issues

Greetings,

I am new to web site configuration and am at the beginning of the learning curve for CSS, PHP and the like. I have found that the Modus theme is the best fit to my ideal layout and I would rather keep to the default installation that do my own amendments. My long term goal is to make Modus fully Retina aware, as like most people these days my desktop, phone and tablet all have High Definition displays. In the process of testing, I have found issues with drop down menus on a narrow portrait screen display on all devices. This applies to most but not all the skins in Modus. I have loaded up screen dumps with notes to my test environment and given the link at the end of this post.

I would like some guidance before I go any further.
1.   Are the themes/modus/skins/<skin name>.inc.php files deprecated as being for legacy purposes only? They seem to have many unused or commented out settings.
2.   Do you want any suggestions for changes to *.inc.php files for the affected skins? They could be a temporary fix to go into the next release of Modus until a more comprehensive fix is approved.
3.   Am I raising this issue in the right place? I raised it here because I am not a developer; just a retired engineer who has played with databases for many years. I do have a login for GitHub, but I do feel out of my depth there!

Regards,
Michael High

Environment
    Piwigo 14.3.0
    Installed on 30 November 2023,
    Operating system: Linux
    PHP: 8.2.16   [2024-03-25 12:11:06]
    MySQL: 8.0.32 [2024-03-25 12:11:06]
    Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.9.11-60
    Cache size 2746.05 Mo   calculated 5 days ago

Activated plugin list 4
    Exif View
    LocalFiles Editor
    Read Metadata
    Take A Tour of Your Piwigo

Piwigo Test Site URL:  https://piwigo14.thehighs.org/index.php?/category/41

Last edited by Michael High (2024-03-25 13:51:44)

#2 2024-03-26 08:56:33

Michael High
Co. Offaly, Ireland
2022-12-15

Re: Modus Theme, Drop down display issues

Quick update...
I ran a fresh install of the themes/modus files this morning, ready to continue my investigations and learning. I applied my suggested fix for the background colour issue for the Neon_Orange skin. The code at line 42 of the file themes/modus/skins/neon_orange.inc.php has been amended as follows;-

Code:

'dropdowns' => array(
      // REQUIRED - cannot be transparent
      'backgroundColor'   => '#3F3F3F',
    ),

I have updated my notes against my test site screen dumps. The issues remain with the other skins. An unchanged version of the Neon_Orange skin, taken from a Piwigo reference site on the Education page for France, may be found at https://photos.icam.fr .

Last edited by Michael High (2024-03-26 13:09:13)

#3 2024-03-28 11:42:55

Michael High
Co. Offaly, Ireland
2022-12-15

Re: Modus Theme, Drop down display issues

Just an aside from my investigations...
There is a small correction that could be made to line 31 of the skins/neon_orange.css file;-
Original

Code:

h2{
  color:black;
  background_color:white;
}

Amended

Code:

h2{
  color:black;
  background-color:white;
}

It does not make much difference (see https://piwigo14.thehighs.org/picture.p … ategory/41 ). Did the designer want this included?

•  » Themes
  •  » Modus Theme, Drop down display issues

Board footer