Announcement

•  » Beta testing
  •  » Will auto-upgrade to RC4 preserve modifications?

#1 2008-11-29 03:45:22

quixote
2008-05-10

Will auto-upgrade to RC4 preserve modifications?

I'm really happy that there's an auto upgrade now!  Do I really just put the one file on my server, (make sure dirs are writable), and then get walked through it via my browser?  Really?  No direct fussing with that goddamn horrible nasty mysql?

I have 1.71, and I've made several modifications to my theme and the sidebar.  It's been a long time since I made the changes, and it would be a huge hassle to try to recreate them.   Will the auto-upgrade keep all that intact?

Thanks!

#2 2008-11-29 08:50:12

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Will auto-upgrade to RC4 preserve modifications?

quixote wrote:

Will the auto-upgrade keep all that intact?

It is difficult to say we do not know exactly what you modified.

If you modified only the file theme.css the modifications should stay :)

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2008-11-29 18:06:29

quixote
2008-05-10

I'm pretty sure I modified a couple of other files as well, but using the approved system.  That is, I made a separate file with the modifications.  It's been over a year, and it's a bit shocking how little I remember about what I did. :-(

I'll back up my whole current installation, and give the upgrade a try.  And come back with the results....

#4 2008-11-29 19:21:22

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

quixote wrote:

I'll back up my whole current installation, and give the upgrade a try.  And come back with the results....

It is the good solution

Indeed on us shall be to accompany you in your modification if you need

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

•  » Beta testing
  •  » Will auto-upgrade to RC4 preserve modifications?

Board footer